• 1 Post By bob

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 08-24-2019, 08:35 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 79 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Exceeded File Quota

I cannot post photos from my phone as I am getting this File Quota Exceeded ...... AFTER I RESIZE the photos. I have not had this issue in the past....... any help will be appreciated.
Thanks Tim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 08-24-2019, 09:08 PM
bob
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 165 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 828 Post(s)
Garage
Go to the "User CP" link at the top of the page. Then look down the left side for the link to "Attachments" and click on that. At the top of the list of all your attachments that shows up will be a blurb about how much space you've used out of how much space you are allowed. It is limited. Regular members are only allowed 10KB of attachment storage and if you've reached that then the only way to regain more space is to delete some attachments. Of course, when you do that those photos will no longer show up in the posts where you attached them. If you pay the fee to be a Premium or Lifetime member you do get more storage for attachments but it's still limited. Resizing photos does help, but you still may have used up your storage allowed. It's a total forum count, not a per post count.

To get around this limitation I, and many others here, have stored our photos on a cloud storage service and dropped the photo into posts using the BB codes on that web site or copied in a web link to the photo in posts. This allows unlimited photo posting. I've used Flickr and found that easy to use. Others have used SmugMug and still others have used IMGur or other photo cloud storage sites. Flickr recently put a limit on photos I can store there without paying for a subscription. That fee is not much and I am deciding if I want to do that or just stick to my Google Photos... which is currently free. With Flickr I can post the actual photo in a post, with Google Photos I can only put a link to the photo.
TDWright likes this.

/bob
prior and current bikes:
1973 Harley Davidson 125 dual sport- sold
1997 Kawasaki Vulcan 750- sold
1990 Honda Gold Wing GL1500- sold
2005 Suzuki Burgman 650- sold
1998 Honda ST1100- sold
2014 Honda CTX1300A (U.S.A. Ion Blue Deluxe)-sn: 489- tied for best road bike- sold
2013 White Suzuki Burgman 650 ABS- tied for best road bike
2003 Honda Metropolitan CHF503 (wife's ride)
flickr photos of CTX1300A
Yep, that lone state of Maine is where I owned my first mc.
post #3 of 3 Old 08-24-2019, 10:17 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 79 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Ok, Thank you Bob!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob View Post
Go to the "User CP" link at the top of the page. Then look down the left side for the link to "Attachments" and click on that. At the top of the list of all your attachments that shows up will be a blurb about how much space you've used out of how much space you are allowed. It is limited. Regular members are only allowed 10KB of attachment storage and if you've reached that then the only way to regain more space is to delete some attachments. Of course, when you do that those photos will no longer show up in the posts where you attached them. If you pay the fee to be a Premium or Lifetime member you do get more storage for attachments but it's still limited. Resizing photos does help, but you still may have used up your storage allowed. It's a total forum count, not a per post count.

To get around this limitation I, and many others here, have stored our photos on a cloud storage service and dropped the photo into posts using the BB codes on that web site or copied in a web link to the photo in posts. This allows unlimited photo posting. I've used Flickr and found that easy to use. Others have used SmugMug and still others have used IMGur or other photo cloud storage sites. Flickr recently put a limit on photos I can store there without paying for a subscription. That fee is not much and I am deciding if I want to do that or just stick to my Google Photos... which is currently free. With Flickr I can post the actual photo in a post, with Google Photos I can only put a link to the photo.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page