LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-13-2016, 05:19 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Thumbs down CTX 1300 Resale Value

Hey all,
I was wondering why the resale value on the CTX 1300 dropped so low? Why did it go this low, and now I am still paying on a bike that is only retailed for about at the most $9,000, and yet, when I got it, it was about $19,000. I do like my bike, but I am getting tired of being screwed by Honda when it comes to the overall price of it. Out of the $19,000 that I financed, I have now got my payment payoff to a little over $13,000, and so it really does not match the resale value. What should I do? Should I file a complaint with Honda to get the payments lowered, or what should I do? I think it is unfair that Honda did this to me. What do you all think I need to do? I want a rebate, but I never got one when I was sold this bike from my local stealership.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-13-2016, 05:54 AM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 155 Post(s)
The resale value is only important if you are planning to sell the bike.

I paid list price for my first CTX1300 and I got the second one for about $800 under list. Since all the money I lost on the Piece of Crap Trophy is wrapped up in the loan for the red one, I owe more on that one than it's worth. This doesn't bother me a bit.

I paid what I considered a fair price at the time I bought each bike. They are the two best bikes I've ever owned. They are also my two favorite bikes I've ever owned. I'm getting my money's worth.

I am really happy for all the folks who came along later and got their bikes for less money than I paid. It's like having a friend who wins some money in the lottery. I hope they enjoy their bikes as much as I enjoy mine.

I don't blame Honda for dropping the price. Honda is in serious trouble in their North American motorcycle division. They are becoming an ATV company instead of a motorcycle company. The CTX is not the only bike they've done this way. I think these are probably the last two Hondas I'll ever own.

This will play a big role in my decision of which bike to trade when I pick up my Scout in a couple of months. It would be expensive for me to trade the one I owe so much money on. When you average it out over the number of miles on the bikes, it's not a big deal. And I've enjoyed every mile.
shane, bruceb, psullam and 2 others like this.

Ken Smith
London, Kentucky
2019 Yamaha NIKEN GT
2018 Honda Gold Wing DCT
2014 Honda CTX1300 Deluxe
Old 08-13-2016, 09:14 AM

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 99 Post(s)
WOW,, I am completely the other way around. I bought the 2014 CTX1300 at a bit under list right after I was intentionally run off the road on my 10 th gold wing . I have never in over 45 years of bike riding and 30 of those on wings been let down by honda ,,mostly wings and one CX500, But I was SOOOO let down by the ergonomics and handling of the CTX1300 after I road it on a USA 4 corners ride that I tried to sell it immediately upon my return. I had it only about 4 months then. I still owed 13,000. I kept lowering my price Because I had test rode everybody's version of a touring bike and had settled on a NEW 2014 triumph Trophy SE. so I was making 2 payments a month. I ended up selling it for over 5000.00 less than I still owed on it to get rid of the useless payment. this was after I had made a lot of upgrades handlebar risers, russell day long seat, electronic cruise control,
on the flip side I am soo happy with the Trophy and its ability to go 1000 miles days for weeks without crippling me, Plus it gets 52 mpg like clockwork at 75 mph

Old 08-13-2016, 09:52 AM

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kniterider View Post
WOW,, I am completely the other way around. I bought the 2014 CTX1300 at a bit under list right after I was intentionally run off the road on my 10 th gold wing . I have never in over 45 years of bike riding and 30 of those on wings been let down by honda ,,mostly wings and one CX500, But I was SOOOO let down by the ergonomics and handling of the CTX1300 after I road it on a USA 4 corners ride that I tried to sell it immediately upon my return. I had it only about 4 months then. I still owed 13,000. I kept lowering my price Because I had test rode everybody's version of a touring bike and had settled on a NEW 2014 triumph Trophy SE. so I was making 2 payments a month. I ended up selling it for over 5000.00 less than I still owed on it to get rid of the useless payment. this was after I had made a lot of upgrades handlebar risers, russell day long seat, electronic cruise control,
on the flip side I am soo happy with the Trophy and its ability to go 1000 miles days for weeks without crippling me, Plus it gets 52 mpg like clockwork at 75 mph
What electronic cruise control did you have installed on the CTX? I am interested in doing the same....thanks!
Old 08-13-2016, 11:17 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
At this point about the only way to get any value out of a the CTX is to ride the wheels off of it.
Old 08-13-2016, 11:45 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Garage
NADA Lists Retail @ $12,370 for a Used Deluxe. This is $2,370 more than I paid last year for a New one. Buy a $55,000 pickup truck and see what it's worth in 2 years. Someone on here did a Cost comparison on 2014 bikes the CTX1300 was not the Biggest Looser. NADA researches sales nationwide to determine prices. Its also the benchmark for the Insurance Companies use for Setelments. Honda added Thousands in incentives in 2015 to move unsold inventory. There's a lot of new CTX1300's in the sub $10.000 range, many of them on eBay. In a few short weeks all the Auto Dealers will be closing out left over 2016 models. Some Dealers have left over 2015's at Deep Discounts. It's the Retail Business.
bruceb, psullam, strawhat1 and 1 others like this.

"If you are able, save for them a place inside of you and save one backward glance when you are leaving for the places they can no longer go.
Be not ashamed to say you loved them, though you may or may not have always. Take what they have taught you with their dying and keep it with your own.
And in that time when men decide and feel safe to call the war insane, take one moment to embrace those gentle heroes you left behind.

Major Michael Davis O'Donnell
Old 08-13-2016, 11:48 AM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnzinator View Post
At this point about the only way to get any value out of a the CTX is to ride the wheels off of it.
That's my plan and I bought once the "deals" began.

Dan

2014 CTX1300 #1172 Black Deluxe

Some day I'll learn how to add the 4 Canadian Provinces we've traveled as well.
Old 08-13-2016, 12:06 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnzinator View Post
Yep, unfortunately, that is what I will end up doing. It is sad that Honda did this to me, and I am a little upset over it. The bike itself, is a great bike for me so far. I am just not happy with the way Honda abandoned it, I guess.
Old 08-13-2016, 01:17 PM

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 92 Post(s)
I really love my CTX1300! However I too have made considerable changes to it's suspension. A Russel Daylong saddle,and a few tires. I now am getting close to 37,000 mile in less than two seasons of riding. The biggest change was the Traxxion Dynamics work on the front forks. Mb shocks have helped in the rear. I may do another change of shocks only for the occasional bottoming we experience on sharp bumps or drops in pavement. If I can I'll look for a shock with about an inch more travel. We traveled the East coast for nearly a month, The CTX preformed exquisitely ! I'll definitely ride it till the wheels fall off. PS - the Michelin Commander II s are riding and handling well over twelve thousand miles front & rear at this writing. From the twists and turns in the virginia's to outrite highways speeds and 95 degree + temps to outright downpours. Can't complain.
4265, Greystoke, JT2006 and 2 others like this.
Old 08-13-2016, 02:48 PM

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JT2006 View Post
What electronic cruise control did you have installed on the CTX? I am interested in doing the same....thanks!
I used the Rostra after market unit. IT is a BEAST to get the servo unit concealed and throttle pull cable routed without binding
JT2006 likes this.

User Tag List