CTX 1300 Forum banner

Update on my leg

3K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  djrose007 
#1 ·
Just in case anyone is interested.
Not suitable to post on the 'What did you do with your CTX today' page but yesterday found out what is happening with my leg after the fall on Saturday.
Turns out that there is a tiny chip of bone splintered off the ankle, nothing to do to it as the alternative is to be in a plaster for 6 weeks and it wouldn't fix the chip so pointless.
Bruise has extended from my toes up to my knee, very painful of course but it'll get better.

Ice, elevation and painkillers are the order of the day.

https://www.blipfoto.com/entry/2485926682976848574

Attachments

• Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18
    187.8 KB Views: 175
See less See more
Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18
#6 ·
Thanks Sam, those veins are a constant reminder of my Mother, I inherited them from her! They used to worry me but many years ago the doc told me that they are ok as long as they don't start hurting or irritating.

#7 ·
I am so sad to hear this brother. I hurt my foot and ankle a few years ago when about the same thing happened while riding my Magna. Course the Magna only weighs 540 pounds vs 750. It took about six months to heal, but was able to ride after a couple of weeks. My injury was not as extensive as yours though. Follow the doctors orders and get better soon. You are in my prayers.

#8 ·
Turns out that there is a tiny chip of bone splintered off the ankle,,,
Welcome to the BBCMR (Broken bone club motorcycle related). One of the other members of the forum described this illustrious crew a few years back. I joined in June of 2016 when I caught a pants leg on a bracket just off the left foot peg of my CB1000R. I committed to putting that leg down at a stop and could not get it off the peg. And over we went. Right on my left shoulder. I managed to get the bike up with the help of a peach orchard worker and was thankful for the help as the clavicle was broken and my arm wasn't working too well. It was a painful 25 mile ride home but it makes for a pretty good story now. That'll teach me to go for a ride in the country with a pair of khaki pants on. :smileygarden_de_ban

#9 ·
...Turns out that there is a tiny chip of bone splintered off the ankle...
Bruise has extended from my toes up to my knee, very painful of course but it'll get better.
Question: did you have on "official motorcycle boots"?

Reactions: djrose007
#10 ·
Of course, I think it would have been a lot worse if I hadn't been wearing them.
Also, I do think the Menosabe bars prevented worse injury to my leg, the right hand bar must have prevented the bike from descending further.

Photo is cropped from the larger photo when I had the courtesy bike when my CTX went in for service. I was also wearing armoured trousers and

Attachments

Reactions: psullam and bob
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.