LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 12-26-2016, 10:26 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Maiden voyage review

Took my first ride on my Black Deluxe today - 110 superbly impressive miles! Everything about this bike is so smooth and easy. Besides the great look and style, this machine is a thrill to operate in every way. It is kind of sad that such an awesome machine never took off in the market place. I understand Honda initially over priced - what a shame...a gem of a bike that i think if had been priced more appropriately, would have been a very successful 2 wheeler for Honda. Based on all the reviews I have seen I have not seen an real deal breaker type complaints regarding this bike. I love mine and will likely rack up a lot of miles over the course of a lot of years.
psullam, t star, e.ramsay and 3 others like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 12-26-2016, 10:37 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Garage
Had mine for a year in October, Best bike I ever owned ( I've had a Bunch)
Greystoke and motorcycleman68 like this.

"If you are able, save for them a place inside of you and save one backward glance when you are leaving for the places they can no longer go.
Be not ashamed to say you loved them, though you may or may not have always. Take what they have taught you with their dying and keep it with your own.
And in that time when men decide and feel safe to call the war insane, take one moment to embrace those gentle heroes you left behind.

Major Michael Davis O'Donnell
post #3 of 5 Old 12-27-2016, 08:45 AM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
The MSRP is a common observation. It is what kept me from buying in 2014 when I first came across it. It is a lot of bike for $10K but not much of a value at $16K for sure.
dtopford and motorcycleman68 like this.

Let's see if this bike holds my attention for more than a year!!

post #4 of 5 Old 12-27-2016, 09:36 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blutoyz View Post
The MSRP is a common observation. It is what kept me from buying in 2014 when I first came across it. It is a lot of bike for $10K but not much of a value at $16K for sure.
I had zero intention of buying a new bike when I bought mine. I was looking at a cruiser VTX1300 Sabre but did not like it's lack of stopping power. Then the salesmen showed me the CTX1300 for $7999 and I was like quickly googling and saw MSRP of 16K and saw kelly BB for a used ctx1300 was 10K so I bought it on the spot.

I like it's ride for sure and the brakes are good, I am a speed lover but also a stopping lover too and it does that well.
Xenco and motorcycleman68 like this.
post #5 of 5 Old 12-28-2016, 08:34 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Garage
I believe that the Bike would have been a winner if it had been offered with all the horn, bells and whistles of a Wing ("Electric" windscreen, not manual though). That would have put it in the realm of bikes like the "R"model Beemers and the like.
The CTX is a great platform. Honda should have gone just a little further. Maybe as a "Limited".

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page