Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob View Post
Interesting reviews. And good to know.
I've known many with the Can-Am Spyder but no one with a Ryker before. Met another Spyder rider this weekend and he loves it. He said he tried a Ryker and it is a very different ride for some reason.
So these two models are evidently not the same ride-wise or performance-wise.
Yes, I think the Spyder and Ryker are very different. There's a reason why Spyders cost more than twice as much as Rykers. They are much bigger, and far more highway-capable. The Ryker is a Sportster, to use a Harley analogy. As I saw someone write, you can go cross country on a Sportster, but that's not what it's for.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 14 Old 06-18-2019, 07:01 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ITcomputerDoctor View Post
I was at a dealer recently that sold the new RYKER and it was very small! I could actually walk from the back and straddle the thing to sit on the seat. It reminded me of a gocart.

I like the new technology of the Ryker, like the CVT trans and especially like the shaft drive

Sam
I thought I replied to this but I don't see my reply, so I'm going to try again. The CVT is nice--these bikes are VERY easy to operate and maintain: CVT, a single brake pedal, shaft drive. I am not anti-Ryker at all. It's just they are limited use and I needed more from the one toy my wife and my wallet allow!
post #13 of 14 Old 06-18-2019, 07:07 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by shane View Post
Great video, Quentin. Welcome to the forum! My wife and son both love riding on my CTX. If you are of a mind to add the top box or the passenger back rest, they both are pretty great. I pretty much only use the top box if I'm long-hauling or doing a week's worth of shopping. Otherwise, I keep the smaller passenger backrest bolted on because wifey likes it a little better. Have fun!
Thank you sir! I bought an aftermarket trunk for the Ryder which is going to look good and work well on the CTX. It will serve as a good backrest, too. I bought the Honda luggage rack--a beautiful piece of kit for about $130. Love it. The problem with the passenger backrest is they want $230 for it!! That just strikes me as ridiculous. Just the luggage rack gives my wife and son a little bit of a lip back there so they don't feel like they are falling off the back. Maybe some day I'll pony up for the backrest, but just seems like such a ripoff.

BTW: do you know what options there might be for a rider backrest? I've seen CTX 1300's online that have both passenger and rider backrests, and it looks like some of them did this with the stock saddle.

post #14 of 14 Old 06-18-2019, 07:09 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruceb View Post
So much for Plan B. Tho I read great reviews of the Spyder.

Cult!
Cult is a good thing! You don't get a cult following around something if there isn't something special going on!
bob and Willmarth like this.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page