Honda CTX1300 Forum

Honda CTX1300 Forum (https://www.ctx1300forum.com/forum/)
-   Honda CTX1300 Versus the Competition (https://www.ctx1300forum.com/forum/honda-ctx1300-versus-competition/)
-   -   Honda CTX vs Can-Am Ryker (https://www.ctx1300forum.com/forum/honda-ctx1300-versus-competition/35785-honda-ctx-vs-can-am-ryker.html)

Quentin Smeltzer 06-11-2019 05:22 PM

Honda CTX vs Can-Am Ryker

1 Attachment(s)
Hey guys, I've posted this video elsewhere on the forum but I think it belongs here too, especially if you've ever considered going to a three-wheeled Can-Am Ryker. This video is six minutes long on YouTube: https://youtu.be/b8X8SceLx-c

psullam 06-11-2019 09:39 PM

Nice video! ...and welcome to the CTX1300 cult!

Gary9648 06-12-2019 10:02 AM

Welcome to the V4 gang. Get yourself a set of bag guards from a forum member like the rest of us. His handle is menosabe and he also has forward foot-pegs and aux. light mounts available as well at great prices and quality workmanship. Most of us have them on our bikes to protect from tip overs. My wife really enjoys riding with me on the CTX.

bruceb 06-12-2019 12:48 PM

So much for Plan B. Tho I read great reviews of the Spyder.

Cult!

shane 06-13-2019 11:27 AM

Great video, Quentin. Welcome to the forum! My wife and son both love riding on my CTX. If you are of a mind to add the top box or the passenger back rest, they both are pretty great. I pretty much only use the top box if I'm long-hauling or doing a week's worth of shopping. Otherwise, I keep the smaller passenger backrest bolted on because wifey likes it a little better. Have fun!

bob 06-17-2019 01:27 PM

Interesting reviews. And good to know.
I've known many with the Can-Am Spyder but no one with a Ryker before. Met another Spyder rider this weekend and he loves it. He said he tried a Ryker and it is a very different ride for some reason.
So these two models are evidently not the same ride-wise or performance-wise.

ITcomputerDoctor 06-18-2019 07:23 AM

I was at a dealer recently that sold the new RYKER and it was very small! I could actually walk from the back and straddle the thing to sit on the seat. It reminded me of a gocart.:eek:

I like the new technology of the Ryker, like the CVT trans and especially like the shaft drive:wink:

Sam:cool:

Quentin Smeltzer 06-18-2019 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psullam (Post 375221)
Nice video! ...and welcome to the CTX1300 cult!

Thanks bud! Happy to be here!

Quentin Smeltzer 06-18-2019 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gary9648 (Post 375231)
Welcome to the V4 gang. Get yourself a set of bag guards from a forum member like the rest of us. His handle is menosabe and he also has forward foot-pegs and aux. light mounts available as well at great prices and quality workmanship. Most of us have them on our bikes to protect from tip overs. My wife really enjoys riding with me on the CTX.

I'll look into those accessories for sure. Do you guys have suggestions to cure the mirrors problem? These are the worst mirrors I've ever had on any bike.

Quentin Smeltzer 06-18-2019 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ITcomputerDoctor (Post 375455)
I was at a dealer recently that sold the new RYKER and it was very small! I could actually walk from the back and straddle the thing to sit on the seat. It reminded me of a gocart.:eek:

I like the new technology of the Ryker, like the CVT trans and especially like the shaft drive:wink:

Sam:cool:

The are small and the go-cart analogy is very apt. If I had a big garage and a bigger wallet I would have kept the Ryker for what it's good at.