CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Super Moderator
2022 Matte Deep Blue Kymco AK 550
6,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Calling out to anyone in the midwest area or might be in the area middle of August. :smileygarden_de_ban An opportunity to meet another CTX1300 owner and spend a fun day at a state fair.

The last day of the Iowa State Fair, Sunday, August 17, is called Extreme Sunday and one of the events that day is the Avenue of Motorcycles. $5 off admission makes it $6 per person in the gate. Ride your bike right onto the fairgrounds and park in a roped off area in the center of the Grand Concourse. No charge for parking inside the fairgrounds. No charge for entering the bike judging contest (can enter multiple categories at once). Must be there by 9:00 am (or shortly thereafter). Stay for 3 or 4 hours or so, or how ever long you can or want to. Bike judging done by a panel of judges as well as a public favorite in each category of bike. Cruiser, custom, sport, touring, classic/antique are just a few of the categories. LOTS of food places of course. I'll be there in the lineup and will have my camp chair and sunscreen. :)

Have had my bikes in the judging and have even received a few awards in various categories. Awards for my GW, Burgman, and a few for my old ST1100 (touring and sport both). I even brought my camper a few years with the ST, but they don't like me to set it up so they can see the whole line from one end to the other. All makes of bikes (obviously) and usually end up with 250-300+ bikes. Lots of interesting customs. last year I think there were over 400 bikes and they had to extend the roped off area another 80+ feet 2 rows wide for more bikes (making it two lines of bikes over 300ft long).

Would be really nice to have a few CTX1300 bikes there if possible
. It's a very good State Fair and highly rated nationwide.

Avenue of Motorcycles and Iowa State Fair website

Browse around the State Fair web site to see how to get to the State Fairgrounds, the grounds map (pdf map file can be downloaded), and schedule of free shows or pay shows. Go to "For Visitors" for maps and directions. Must enter at gate 9 - from University Ave. take E30th street south to Dean Ave and turn left/East and turn in at the gate right there (you'll see the line). Or contact me and I can meet anyone by 8:40-8:45 off the grounds and ride in as a group. I have known the gate keepers allowing bikes to continue to enter even up to 10:30/11:00 am. Let me know and I can save a parking spot. :)

I know, it's fair food. What else! Food on a stick!
even big turkey legs
:smiley-happy0034:

· Super Moderator
2022 Matte Deep Blue Kymco AK 550
6,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Had a good time here. 2 riders from the ST forum showed up. One is a friend from Davenport who rode over this morning and left the fair about 1:30. The other was the rider who I sold my ST1100 to. Was good to see the bike but even more glad I have the CTX! :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.