CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
Great video, thanks for sharing! I love that tinted windshield, can you let us know where you found it?

·
Super Moderator
2,174 Posts
Nice. :smiley-happy0034:

And yes, where did that tinted windshield come from? That's more the height I was looking for. Not to mention that tint would look absolutely killer on a black bike. :D

And by the way @Jeffrey, welcome to the forum!

·
Super Moderator
5,721 Posts
Good to have options. Nice shield too. But I'm very satisfied with the one I have. If I didn't already have it I would be thinking... (price speaks louder to me than style however).
And they have saddlebag liners too for those looking for them!

·
Registered
764 Posts
I had a very nice Cee Bailey on my second ST1100. Of all the shields I tried on my CTX700, the Cee Bailey was the most acceptable.

I've not been thrilled with the mounting plate on my MadStad screen on my red bike and I've been thinking about going to the Honda tall screen. I think I'll be ordering the Cee Bailey.

·
Registered
764 Posts
I placed the order. One 16" touring shield with the vent for the red bike and one set of bag liners for the blue bike.

$401

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
Ken, what level of tint (if any) did you get with the windscreen you ordered?

let me know how the bag liners fit. I noticed in the text on the website, they referenced "Indian".

·
Registered
764 Posts
I think their web designer used copy and paste without the requisite editing. I'm sure "Indian" will be replaced soon.

I got the medium tint. It should help hide the bugs without blocking my view of the pavement right in front of the bike. I really like the medium tint on the MadStad shield.

I'll be able to use one set of bags with both bikes since I haven't figured out how to drive both of them at the same time. :)

This purchase puts me very near the end of my farkle budget for this bike. I think I might get a new pair of gloves and close the budget for setting up this bike.

Here are some photos of the Cee Bailey screens on my white ST1100 and my CTX700:
CTX700 - TennesseeSmith
Motorcycling - TennesseeSmith

Reactions: V0X

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
CTX Windshield

Yes, VOX got it. Those are ceebailey shields and the same red bike on his site without the girl. (my wife)

·
Super Moderator
2,174 Posts
I had a Cee Bailey's shield on my ST1300 -- was eons better than the stock shield. I'm torn now -- I'm really happy with how the factory tall shield performs, but I love the look of the Cee Bailey's sport shield. :350x700px-LL-66dd6d

·
Registered
128 Posts
Would one of the owners of the Cee Bailey's windshield on the CTX 1300 please report on buffeting? I'm specifically curious about their touring screen with the vent.

·
Registered
413 Posts
That touring shield with the vent is pretty attractive looking. I'm thinking even 16" is still a bit too short for my own needs though. The only complete elimination of buffeting I've achieved with my X-Creen on top of the Honda tall shield positions it over 3" above the edge of the screen, which itself is already 14". So I think I'd need like an 17-18" option.

I'm probably not going to throw any more money at it, but will look forward to watching the developing windscreen aftermarket from the sidelines. :smiley-happy0034:

·
Super Moderator
2,174 Posts
That touring shield with the vent is pretty attractive looking. I'm thinking even 16" is still a bit too short for my own needs though. The only complete elimination of buffeting I've achieved with my X-Creen on top of the Honda tall shield positions it over 3" above the edge of the screen, which itself is already 14". So I think I'd need like an 17-18" option.

I'm probably not going to throw any more money at it, but will look forward to watching the developing windscreen aftermarket from the sidelines. :smiley-happy0034:
Now that Cee Bailey's has the template for the mounting points, it could be worth contacting them about the possibility of a taller shield. I'm sure you're not the only over-6-footer who will be looking for better wind protection. ;)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts