CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

New member here...I'm in the market for a new bike (ride a 2008 Shadow Aero currently), and saw a local dealer is selling new "leftover sale priced/clearance" 2014 CTX1300s (standard models) $9,499.99.

Is that a good deal? I see that originally these were listed around $15,999, so I was a bit shocked when I saw the price.

I hadn't really looked at a CTX before. I'm looking at all sorts of bikes/styles (from Honda Fury, HD Switchback, Victory Vegas 8-Ball, BMW F800GT) but have found they are either too expensive or I would have to invest a bunch of money to outfit for occasional/comfortable 2-up riding. I'm really just looking for something fun, bigger than my Aero power wise, reliable (like my Aero), that fits my budget (which this CTX does), and that out the door can hold my wife and I comfortably.

I love the typical cruiser style and such, but I'll take practicality, more power and comfort any day, which is really what caught my eye with the CTX (and the price, obviously).

Thanks for any input!

·
Registered
279 Posts
pretty much nothing in the market near that price
you get a lot of bike for the money and you will love it if you make the leap
and many of us on here paid those list prices
so yes that's a great price
there are very few negatives with this bike
the wife will likely want a backrest or to box for back support so you should plan those dollars along with a tall screen

·
Registered
110 Posts
That price is a steal. But take it for a test ride before making a decision. See how it fits you and how it rides. I really like my CTX and am glad I bought it. Looking forward to a week long road trip in a few weeks. I added the tall screen and the back rest to mine, although I will probably never take a passenger.

·
Super Moderator
5,723 Posts
Welcome @VanHammersley.
Hope you are able to read many of the posts here to help you decide if this bike will work for you. I don't do 2 up riding any more so cannot answer to that as well as many other members here can. I can say this is the most comfortable ride out the door IMHO for distance riding.

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
I'm in Ocala, Fl. I see them for $9,499 for the deluxe
That's just a little over half what I paid for my Deluxe! But I don't feel the least bit cheated, since the last year on the bike has been worth every penny to me. This bike is great for comfort. The miles just melt under the tires. I got my wife to sit on mine before I got it, and she said it was very comfortable. I agree on the need for a backrest or top box for passenger support. I've the the backrest and it's perfect. Oh, btw... welcome, VanHammersley! :)

Reactions: bob

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That price is a steal. But take it for a test ride before making a decision. See how it fits you and how it rides. I really like my CTX and am glad I bought it. Looking forward to a week long road trip in a few weeks. I added the tall screen and the back rest to mine, although I will probably never take a passenger.
Def want to do a test ride, if the dealership allows...hopefully they will. Have a good/safe trip.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Welcome @VanHammersley.
Hope you are able to read many of the posts here to help you decide if this bike will work for you. I don't do 2 up riding any more so cannot answer to that as well as many other members here can. I can say this is the most comfortable ride out the door IMHO for distance riding.
Thanks Bob. This site is a great resource, and in a short time, I've learned quite a bit about the CTX. I'm looking forward to getting to the dealership/checking one out.

·
Registered
2014 Honda CTX1300 Basic Model
33 Posts
Wherever you do Don't buy it from West Orlando PowerSport! They have a very poor customer service.
Try Central Florida PowerSport instead.

Cheers!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts