CTX 1300 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was at the local Honda dealer tonight. OK, I wimped out and didn't want to change a coolant hose at 10*F in my garage so I took my ST1100 and let them do it for this week's paycheck. A $12 hose for way too much $$$. But I did also want them to verify I didn't have a water pump problem or something else that the coolant leak was coming from. Anyway, while picking up the ST tonight I walked through the smallish show room (always do- can't help it) and noticed a WHITE new model bike. Yep, it was the CTX700... in WHITE. Looked nice.

did I say it was WHITE? :)

I guess that is listed as one of two colors available here (red and WHITE).

I still like the grey blue metallic better for the CTX1300.

·
Super Moderator
5,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You mean I have to go BACK! :eek:

I guess I was surprised to see one at this dealer since they already had one (usually their limit), a red one.

·
Super Moderator
2,162 Posts
You mean I have to go BACK! :eek:

I guess I was surprised to see one at this dealer since they already had one (usually their limit), a red one.
Sorry, I really hate to be the one to give you the bad news. :D

·
Registered
212 Posts
And you didn't take a photo!
I don't blaim you for going to the dealer

During the cold months I usually give up on doing any sort of maintenance or repairs myself.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I bet it looks nice in white and it would have been nice to see some pics of the CTX700 in a showroom. Too bad. I'll keep my eyes open for one in my area.

·
Super Moderator
5,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey, sorry. Next time I'm there I'll take my camera. I don't have a smartphone and my basic phone camera takes really bad photos. Wouldn't have done it justice. :eek:

·
Registered
273 Posts
I always wanted to see how white looks on the CTX since I really like white, but I'm sad to say it looks horrible. Rather have the CTX in red or black, in those colors it looks best to me.

·
Super Moderator
2,162 Posts
you'll pardon me if im simply being ignorant, but I'm fairly certain thats a CTX700. It's my understanding the CTX1300 has stock pans, but the exhaust is a dead giveaway....
Yep -- I think people just wanted an idea of what a CTX looked like in white.

Is this better?? :D

·
Super Moderator
5,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
you'll pardon me if im simply being ignorant, but I'm fairly certain thats a CTX700. ...
Yep, you're pretty smart. That is a 2014 CTX700. That's the title of this thread and why it's in the forum Lounge/Off-Topic sub forum. :)

The White CTX1300 will be/is available only across the pond for this model year.

·
Registered
152 Posts
hehehh yes I was a top scholar in reading comprehension hehehhhh ;)

I'm not a big fan of either CTX700 or CTX1300 in white. They end up looking so sterile and boring. The reds are both much more alluring, but i think the blue may be my favorite. Has anyone had a chance to see CTX1300 in blue yet?

·
Super Moderator
5,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Those who visited a mc show saw the gray/blue metallic model. That was the color usually displayed for the deluxe while the red was the usual color at the shows for the standard. Don't remember if they did different at any of the shows. I like the gray/blue metallic best. Anyone every "see" a white vehicle in the fog yet? :eek:

·
Registered
273 Posts
Those who visited a mc show saw the gray/blue metallic model. That was the color usually displayed for the deluxe while the red was the usual color at the shows for the standard. Don't remember if they did different at any of the shows. I like the gray/blue metallic best. Anyone every "see" a white vehicle in the fog yet? :eek:
red and blue are my favorites.
black looks super clean, might be something I go with:

·
Registered
53 Posts
I think that the white looks really nice on the CTX. Will the CTX 1300 be offered in white? Or is it just something that we can do aftermarket?

·
Super Moderator
5,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Knowing how Honda likes to rotate colors around each year it may be in white in the next few years yet. This year only overseas is it available in white, but they don't get the gray/blue metallic this year.

·
Premium Member
399 Posts
They had one just like that at my dealer, too.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts