Why not black? is it because the swirls and scratches show up easily or...?
I have a strong feeling that red will be the popular choice for the CTX1300. Good to see another color added though. The blue doesn't look bad.
1. Black is a Hot color meaning it absorbs heat very quickly when in direct sun, this damages the paint, all of the black vehicles i have had, the paint fades sooner than other lighter colors.
2. swirling yes that is /can be a problem
3. Water spots very easily.
4. shows dirt much faster than lighter colors.
5. Lighter colors are easier to see. Think about a motorcycle profile at 100ft - 300ft away traveling at you. then think most people in cars treat you like you are invisible to begin with don't give the cager another reason for them not to see you or not to be seen.
6. Black/Dark color plus a dark day/night Not a good combination.
Light bright reflective colors, then the brightest most amount of light you can put out is the best.
I will have my low beams on and use the flash to pass button, when going through a intersection, and /or put on my high beam during the day.
Flashing the low to high beam provides a Movement that gets attention, a wig,wag controller on the tail light to flash the brake light is also very good
Some people drive while they are a sleep, and may be lacking something other than brains, if you come across that person, better to have something that gets attention.
Just drive the speed limit, and/or a radar detector on the bike.
I always try to make eye contact and put on very loud horns dual 135 decibels, high/low horns, when in doubt blast um.
I do NOT believe in loud exhaust at all.
I want the most quiet exhaust exhaust I can get.