CTX 1300 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a new 2014 CTX1300 Deluxe today! I was talking to the dealer as to how many bikes they had on hand and he told be that the dealers were told that Honda was bringing the CTX1300 back for the 2016 model year. The dealer had 2 standard models left and 1 deluxe left (after I bought mine.) I see this as great news, the more bikes out there, the more accessories available and what not. Anyway, glad to be part of the club!

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
Congrats on the new ride! & Welcome to the Forum! :D What color did you go with? I totally agree with you on the good news part. Hope there will be more aftermarket items available at some point.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
@vanhanbr,
Congrats.:smiley-party0005:
My first question is: What the sam hill you doing on the computer when you just bought the bike? Is it raining there? :350x700px-LL-66dd6d
Where you located? Starting rumors makes me wanna know where they are started.
What extras did you get/order?
And, what did (or do) you have before the CTX? Guessing from your posts that you are another old, uh, I mean experienced rider, eh?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I pick up the bike tomorrow, I took an extended lunch to test drive and make sure it was really what I wanted. I ordered it with the taller windshield and am making up mind what to do as far as a backrest/tank. Does anyone know anyone that makes a taller backrest then that Honda one? I was narrowed it down to the CTX1300 and the F6b. I liked both but the CTX was quite a bit cheaper, plus came with ABS. Bikes i've own in the past include Suzuki SV650, GL1200 and lately GL1500. Waiting to see how good the 2up riding is on the CTX before I decide to sell the wing or not. I live in central WI, 5'9/170 in my 30s. Other bikes I considered were HD street glide (100 lbs heavier and twice the price), ST1300/FJR1300 (great bikes, too tall to be comfortable riding 2up) and F6B (100lbs heavier, couple grand more, didn't have option for reverse or ABS.)

·
Super Moderator
5,394 Posts
Welcome here @vanhanbr!
Central WI? ST? As per my signature I had a ST1100 just before my CTX. Do you belong to or join the ST-Owners.com forum? Have you hear/read of the ST Owners Club (STOC) event coming up in mid June in Spring Green, WI? Check it out in the events forum here or on the ST forum. I plan to be there. You should plan to at least stop by one of the days just to say "HI" and meet up maybe. I have it from the sponsor of that event that all are welcome regardless what bike they ride (some have BMW, HD, Yamaha, Kaw, Suzuki as well as a few models of Honda).

·
Premium Member
204 Posts
I pick up the bike tomorrow, I took an extended lunch to test drive and make sure it was really what I wanted. I ordered it with the taller windshield and am making up mind what to do as far as a backrest/tank. Does anyone know anyone that makes a taller backrest then that Honda one? I was narrowed it down to the CTX1300 and the F6b. I liked both but the CTX was quite a bit cheaper, plus came with ABS. Bikes i've own in the past include Suzuki SV650, GL1200 and lately GL1500. Waiting to see how good the 2up riding is on the CTX before I decide to sell the wing or not. I live in central WI, 5'9/170 in my 30s. Other bikes I considered were HD street glide (100 lbs heavier and twice the price), ST1300/FJR1300 (great bikes, too tall to be comfortable riding 2up) and F6B (100lbs heavier, couple grand more, didn't have option for reverse or ABS.)
Nice to see another fellow "in your 30's" rider!

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Hmmmm, younger than my son:rolleyes:
That's about the age I changed over from Kaw Voyager to the beautiful 1988 Wing. I still remember the day I walked into the showroom to sit while having service on my voyager. There she was, my first Honda.

Ok, yep, gotta make sure mom is happy on that back seat. Could sell the wing and get her a good Corbin...chaching$$$
Still have cash left over for a 2nd honeymoon....:D

·
Registered
147 Posts
I'd like to see a 2016 CTX but I doubt they will. Dealers actually lost money getting existing CTX1300s off the show rooms.
I love my CTX. Sadly like my SRX-600 back in the day it'll most likely be a 1 model year here in the US.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You know the first thing I heard from my buddies was "It aint no Harley." Surprising, when they seen it in person, I got nothing but genuine compliments. I think this bike will catch on...but yeah, I was told they would be hitting the dealers this summer. And that was after I committed to buying, they had no reason to pressure me to buy at that point. The dealer near me somewhat specializes in getting rid of leftover inventory other dealers couldn't move. From my understanding, there aren't many 2014 models left. The CTX can't be all that bad of a seller though, lots of dealers still hanging on to 2013 F6Bs. They got a $2500 Honda rebate, I think Honda may have over-reacted with the 3K discount, but I am/was happy to take it. But yeah, I would be a little irked if I bought the bike last year for $3K more.

·
Registered
104 Posts
You know the first thing I heard from my buddies was "It aint no Harley." Surprising, when they seen it in person, I got nothing but genuine compliments. I think this bike will catch on...but yeah, I was told they would be hitting the dealers this summer. And that was after I committed to buying, they had no reason to pressure me to buy at that point. The dealer near me somewhat specializes in getting rid of leftover inventory other dealers couldn't move. From my understanding, there aren't many 2014 models left. The CTX can't be all that bad of a seller though, lots of dealers still hanging on to 2013 F6Bs. They got a $2500 Honda rebate, I think Honda may have over-reacted with the 3K discount, but I am/was happy to take it. But yeah, I would be a little irked if I bought the bike last year for $3K more.
It is what it is when it comes to pricing and rebates. Sadly, all rebates really do is drop the value of our current bike/car.

My dealer has a 2014 CTX 1300D in blue left they cannot seem to sell and its priced around your price, which makes me sad - but not mad. Like I said, I got a good deal "AT THE TIME" and that's what matters.

I picked up a 2013 Ram Loaded Laramie (MSRP $48k) for $36k plus tax/title. Had only 11 miles on it. But this was thanks to employee pricing I'm eligible for and some stupid total in $4500 rebates....I'm not complaining...

My dealer too heard Honda was skipping a year but they expected a 2016 model. I don't know if any of that is rumor or Gospal !

:smiley-party0005:

·
Premium Member
972 Posts
From this APRIL 21, 2015 news article

"Harley's U.S. market share slipped nearly five percentage points in the first quarter to 51.3 percent as competitors offered discounts of up to $3,000 per bike and slashed suggested retail prices by up to 25 percent."

Sound familiar? Not based on our motorcycle.

Reactions: hamood613

·
Registered
119 Posts
Welcome to the forum. It sounds like you got a great bike for a great price. What options did you get with that price?

Tony

·
Registered
279 Posts
I was told buy a dealer that they got a 3k credit on the cost and a 3k rebate to the buyer so don't think these dealers are dying because they have lost money on these in n MN they are still priced pretty high

1 - 20 of 27 Posts