1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Super Moderator
5,408 Posts
Didn't see anything different from our 2014 models. This is the European model on display. Wonder if Honda was just showing the 2014 or if there really is a 2016 model coming out?

·
Super Moderator
2,162 Posts
Hmmmm ... looks a lot like the 2014 model. :D

But I don't care!!! Good news that it's still got signs of life for another model year.

Just for grins I went to the Honda site to see if they list a 2016 -- they don't. But, the first thing that jumps at you on the Touring page is ... yes, the CTX1300.

·
Registered
833 Posts
I've been watching the Honda Powersports webpage for the 2016 lineup. Some mention of new models but the CTX1300 is absent. I'm still not convinced the CTX1300 won't be the next Rune. EBay still has New ones listed by Dealers for 1/2 Price. Doesn't speak well for demand for this motorcycle. I Love mine and plan on riding it for a long time.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Although the video says "2016", the sign next to the bike just says "CTX1300".
This Italian/Euro model is different than the USA ABS model , for instance the color silver for frame and rims is reserved here in USA for the non-ABS model.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
979 Posts
Ooooooooooooooooh. I want one!

Oh, wait. I have one.

Lucky me!! And you.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Someone on here from Texas has a White one I believe.

·
Premium Member
979 Posts
White = Dirt.

Hard to avoid that conclusion.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I live on a dirt road. White is my first color of choice for all my vehicles. There is a reason all work vehicles are white. It shows dust, less than most other colors. Silver is also good. Tan or beige are the best, but not many bike that color around. Yellow would work well too.

·
Premium Member
487 Posts
I do like that white. But I do have the blue and that'll do. I'd rather ride than clean. Have a friend who has an H and loves to clean and polish. Good for Him! better for Me !!

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
That's not a new model in that video.
Another video shows the same bike, claiming it's a 2017 or whatever, but the plaque shows its a 2014.

I don't foresee them making a new version.
Being a huge Honda guy for 19 years, you see models come and go. Lots of talk about the crx, as an example of many, coming back for a long time now.

Yeah, they keep some models around like the Accord, Civic, or Goldwing....

I actually don't want to see the ctx1300 come back, as I am interested in what else they may create. If they didn't end models and create new ones, we wouldn't have had a ctx1300 born.

Honda ended the element (thank god) and created an HR-V and those are selling big time.
I can't even test drive them as they are sold before they even arrive.

Maybe they will come out with a xtc1300 lol
With detachable saddlebags, cruise control... Stuff you wish this model had.

Afterall, Honda is known for making super reliable..... Everything!!!!
They make everything from small generators to indycars\F1 to even an jet plane.

Not sure we're I was going, but whatever :)
Nuf said.

- Jason

·
Registered
413 Posts
Honda ended the element (thank god) and created an HR-V and those are selling big time.
I can't even test drive them as they are sold before they even arrive.
Hey! We love our Element. 10 years on, still the best dog car I know of.

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
Yeah, I had one for a few years.
I just couldn't stand, that people didn't understand, that the back door has to be shut before the front door. "Please shut your door so I can shut mine" was kinda common.

I didn't mean to offend anyone or anything like that. Sorry Jeffz, and anyone else.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I live on a dirt road. White is my first color of choice for all my vehicles. There is a reason all work vehicles are white. It shows dust, less than most other colors. Silver is also good. Tan or beige are the best, but not many bike that color around. Yellow would work well too.
I fully agree with you, having owned several black Corvettes, and a Grand National, the last 7 vehicles have been white or silver and I now own a Pearl Yellow GL1800...but I just acquired my CTX13D in black and I know I have my work cut-out for me...:rolleyes:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts