CTX 1300 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone point me to a good place to get an engine guard cover and/or right side rearview mirror assembly? I found a very expensive mirror on bike bandit, and no engine guard cover so if anyone can point me in the right direction I'd be thankful!

·
Premium Member
971 Posts
I did nearly the same thing two years ago. I don’t think there are cheap parts for this bike. I got the mirror and cover. Menosabes forward peg mounts saved the rest. Good luck.

·
Registered
2014 Honda CTX 1300 Deluxe
82 Posts
It happens to us all at one point or another. I dropped mine just a few days after I got it, just a tiny scratch on my bike but I dent my girlfriends car so it cost me a bit. I know there are parts out there so you should not have a problem, just do a web search for what you need. Between ebay, offerup and craigslist you shold find what you need for a decent price. Members on here may be a great resources for parts as well.

Best of luck and don't let it get you down.

Thanks,
James

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Many thanks to all of you! I found some parts on bike bandit, but not sure how many of the part(s) I'll need. Definitely the mirror, and mirror cover. Those are both over $100 each.
Guess I'll start there and if there's any other parts I'm overlooking I'll deal with them as I go.
I also have no lead on the engine guard cover - looks like it's all one big plastic piece, but cannot locate that anywhere. Probably because I don't know what the part is named. Any ideas?
Thanks again in advance! Oh yea, and Epstein didn't kill himself and nobody has been arrested!

·
Super Moderator
5,641 Posts
@2014_CX_1300 , That part is called the radiator shroud. It is shown as 3 larger individual pieces with several smaller bits and fasteners and such at this web site which shows the Honda part numbers and is the very same parts breakout diagrams that dealers use.
2014 Honda CTX1300A AC MIDDLE COWL | CyclePartsNation Honda Parts Nation

The middle cowl is the colored panel just above the shroud. the louvered part is specifically the piece that covers the engine guard bar but it usually comes off the bike as all 3 big pieces as one panel.
Look for item numbers 9, 10, and 12 at this link for the right side. You can order just one piece or many as you have need. You'll also want to verify that you have all fasteners and bits from the old panel set that you can use for what you replace.

If you cannot order from this web site to send to Canada then at least this should give you the part numbers you need to translate to what your Canadian dealer or source can order. Bike Bandit also has these same diagrams.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
@2014_CX_1300 , That part is called the radiator shroud. It is shown as 3 larger individual pieces with several smaller bits and fasteners and such at this web site which shows the Honda part numbers and is the very same parts breakout diagrams that dealers use.
2014 Honda CTX1300A AC MIDDLE COWL | CyclePartsNation Honda Parts Nation

The middle cowl is the colored panel just above the shroud. the louvered part is specifically the piece that covers the engine guard bar but it usually comes off the bike as all 3 big pieces as one panel.
Look for item numbers 9, 10, and 12 at this link for the right side. You can order just one piece or many as you have need. You'll also want to verify that you have all fasteners and bits from the old panel set that you can use for what you replace.

If you cannot order from this web site to send to Canada then at least this should give you the part numbers you need to translate to what your Canadian dealer or source can order. Bike Bandit also has these same diagrams.
Thank you Bob! These parts are adding up to be quite a hefty fix!
I'm not in Canada - I use a VPN, so the internet thinks I'm in various different countries, LOL. FTW!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts