CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I saw several post on applying to side boxes but I wanted something higher than tail light. Thought about wrapping red but just felt like it would be ugly.

This is a black that even in daylight has a little shimmer at an angle, but its very close to gloss black on lid and when at angle almost like the dark gray on sides, certainly doesn't look out of place.

Rear with flash
Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive tail & brake light Automotive lighting Automotive tire

Automotive tire Automotive lighting Tire Bumper Automotive design

Did side and front corner of box for different angles
Tire Wheel Automotive tail & brake light Car Vehicle

No flash
Automotive tire Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive design

Just finished and took at couple shots with phone no flash / flash. Very promising

·
Premium Member
1,229 Posts
I'm sure it will jump out when hit by headlights. I used a few pieces cut from those red/white self stick strip reflectors ya see along the sides off tractor trailers. Even put some white in the black vent like spots on the front fairing below the windscreen. Kinda looks like the white of the "eyes" coming at ya. LOL Anything to stay safe and visible helps.

·
Premium Member
729 Posts
I'm sure it will jump out when hit by headlights. I used a few pieces cut from those red/white self stick strip reflectors ya see along the sides off tractor trailers. Even put some white in the black vent like spots on the front fairing below the windscreen. Kinda looks like the white of the "eyes" coming at ya. LOL Anything to stay safe and visible helps.
I want to do something with those "eyes". I've thought about taking out the black and putting in a white plastic. Backlighting it and maybe make some sort of eyeball for it.
What color for the iris? Angry red, blue, yellow....?

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The material is used for lots of safety applications, signs, auto wrap...

"3m Scotchlite" is the product they sell several similar products.

I used a razor and straight edge to cut strips and a quality scissors to shape. So once you have one cut flip over to opposite backing for reverse. For a tip on cutting practice on some paper, I find it an easier motion to control if scissors in right hand, hold paper in left and rotate paper rather than scissors as you cut.

I purchased 5 inch x 30 inch off Amazon $15, but sold in other shapes.

This is a product that should stick well if you clean with alcohol first. Yet if you want to remove shouldn't leave lots of nasty glue residue.

·
Premium Member
729 Posts
The material is used for lots of safety applications, signs, auto wrap...

"3m Scotchlite" is the product they sell several similar products.

I used a razor and straight edge to cut strips and a quality scissors to shape. So once you have one cut flip over to opposite backing for reverse. For a tip on cutting practice on some paper, I find it an easier motion to control if scissors in right hand, hold paper in left and rotate paper rather than scissors as you cut.

I purchased 5 inch x 30 inch off Amazon $15, but sold in other shapes.

This is a product that should stick well if you clean with alcohol first. Yet if you want to remove shouldn't leave lots of nasty glue residue.
The best adhesive remover I've found, and I've tried many, is kerosene. Dissolves the glue well and doesn't damage the paint like acetone.

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
I was just looking at one on Amazon, one said no ECU, and I was wondering if that means it wouldn't with with the CTX?

STEEL MATE H2 Wireless Helmet Brake Light and Running Light for Motorcycle Safety Rechargeable LED Signal Light for Helmet (Without ECU) https://a.co/d/e73edv8

Or does that refer to the light itself?

There is another version of that light, the H3, that comes with a ECU and also does turn signals.

Reading is fundamental!

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I was just looking at one on Amazon, one said no ECU, and I was wondering if that means it wouldn't with with the CTX?

STEEL MATE H2 Wireless Helmet Brake Light and Running Light for Motorcycle Safety Rechargeable LED Signal Light for Helmet (Without ECU) https://a.co/d/e73edv8

Or does that refer to the light itself?

There is another version of that light, the H3, that comes with a ECU and also does turn signals.

Reading is fundamental!
Thats actually cool concept no ECU using quick deceleration sensor and lights up. Good for when running low gear and engine braking which is a significant reason for rear end hits because no brake light warning although quickly slowing.
Not sure I'd want that on helmet but be great to have that technology on top box rather than depending on actual brake light signal.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Just when I thought I had everything I wanted Haha
So your poking got me web searching and there are separate lights and a accelerometer device to work with oem brake light.

I'm sure other companies have similar, very interesting concept that would be easy to install.

they also make a self cancelling turn signal device

1 - 20 of 22 Posts