CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
L.A. Cycle Sports sent flyer today announcing $5G discount off the CTX1300 Deluxe MSRP, selling @ $12,999 OTD. Good price if you're looking to buy in Southern Cal. I think they are making the same discount offer on the Valkerie. Happy shopping!

·
Super Moderator
5,721 Posts
Welcome @Texasgolf43.
Do you plan to buy one or have one already?
Those prices are really good. It would have taken me less time to decide to buy it myself if I saw those deals... by a few nano seconds :D

·
Registered
78 Posts
On the flip side ,, that might also mean they are NOT selling as expected
I can't imagine why ... the bike is awesome! It could be that Honda has TOO many choices to pick from, and it just doesn't have the "sizzle" of the ST1300, at least NOT yet!

·
Super Moderator
5,721 Posts
I think many dealers, at least in the States, don't understand the CTX1300 so they don't stock it or don't know how to push it. Most that I've visited seem to be big on dirt bikes or sport bikes and some like the GW but nothing in between. Even the ST1300 was not as well pushed as it could have been. Currently there is a thread over on the ST-Owners forum about a Honda sales person who didn't even know what a ST1300 was or that Honda even made it!!! I think every sales person in every dealership should be required to at least test ride every bike they stock to at least have some credibility about selling them. Can't make them stock every bike Honda makes however and I do understand that. That's why I went 145 miles away to buy mine, from a dealership who understands the full range of bikes from scooters to sport, S-T, cruiser, GW AND CTX.

·
Premium Member
1,019 Posts
Purchase

I purchased a 2014 CTX 1300 standard Red in Nov 2014 from Jones Honda just south of Columbia MO. It was a demo with 125 miles on it. Included was the tall windscreen, luggage rack with backrest and the centerstand and the one year extended warranty. $13,300 out the door. Again next to nobody in MO had one on the showroom floor. Didn't care for the blacked out D version.

Love the bike.

·
Registered
9 Posts
The decent prices are finally reaching GA. Dad was quoted less than 13k OTD today for a new red deluxe. He'll probably finalize the deal next week.

·
Registered
15 Posts
13K OTD Is that with taxes

The decent prices are finally reaching GA. Dad was quoted less than 13k OTD today for a new red deluxe. He'll probably finalize the deal next week.

BigRed,
Was that $13K out the door including taxes? That is a pretty persuasive offer. Also what dealer was it. GA isn't too far from Florida.

Thanks

Data

·
Registered
9 Posts
In GA you pay tax once you get it to the house. Dad is picking up his red deluxe tomorrow. That was purchase price +fees and setup/freight. It was Capitol Cycle in Macon GA and the owner is a friend of ours. He also has a black deluxe demonstrator with about a hundred miles on it and a Blue Standard in the warehouse.

·
Registered
227 Posts
You bastids! I paid full price for mine, but that is what I get for being an early adopter.

·
Super Moderator
5,721 Posts
Welcome to the forums @stangfyer.
Congrats on the great deal you got and a great bike to ride.
I don't care what others have paid really. What matters to me is I really enjoy mine and paid what I was willing to pay for it. Sure, it's nice to save a few bucks on the initial purchase, but as Kook said, it's the price to pay for being an early adopter. No telling what will happen in the future, don't have my crystal ball yet cuz it's on back order, so no good waiting to find out. If someone gets a better deal than I did, good on them. :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts