CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What exactly goes into the first service at 600 miles, and what kind of prices are dealers quoting? Mine said something north of $350. :confused:

·
Registered
446 Posts
It says in the owner manual that you got with the bike: it's basically an all-oil change.

Here in the EU the first service is free because if you don't do it at a Honda dealer, you lose the 2 year warranty -- even if not free, 350USD+ is a ripoff. I wonder if that guy can still look at himself in the mirror after quoting that.

·
Registered
229 Posts
600miles

It says in the owner manual that you got with the bike: it's basically an all-oil change.

Here in the EU the first service is free because if you don't do it at a Honda dealer, you lose the 2 year warranty -- even if not free, 350USD+ is a ripoff. I wonder if that guy can still look at himself in the mirror after quoting that.
Not quite sure if we are different in Cornwall UK,but I have just had a 600 mile service,and it wasn't free but far from the $350.
Although it wasn't serviced by a Honda dealer I was told by the company who sold me the bike that I could take it to any reputable motorcycle dealer in my area,and the warranty still stands.

·
Registered
446 Posts
"reputable" will be hard to defend in court ;-) Also, in Ireland, the dealers foot the bill for the broken left cowling tab as Honda Ireland doesn't even want to hear about it. Also, the 1st service is one thing and "some servicing" is another.

Anyway, I hope the OP finds a far more decent quote and gets the work done eventually.

·
Registered
268 Posts
When I had mine done the dealer tried to talk me into a complete check up which would have cost me "North of $350". I told him to just change the oil and filter so as to satisfy the requirements of the warranty. Total cost...$127.00.

FS

·
Registered
268 Posts
"reputable" will be hard to defend in court ;-) Also, in Ireland, the dealers foot the bill for the broken left cowling tab as Honda Ireland doesn't even want to hear about it. Also, the 1st service is one thing and "some servicing" is another.

Anyway, I hope the OP finds a far more decent quote and gets the work done eventually.
Tell me more about this broken fairing tab. The panel that covers the battery on mine will not click into place. Brought it to the dealers attention. Supposed to get back to me. It's been two weeks now.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Reactions: bob

·
Registered
105 Posts
What exactly goes into the first service at 600 miles, and what kind of prices are dealers quoting? Mine said something north of $350. :confused:
My dealer did the first inspection and it was an oil change / drive case oil and generally just a "check over" of the bike to ensure that everything was tight and good....similar to a pre-delivery inspection.......only chargeD about $130 all in.......

·
Registered
229 Posts
600mile service

The dealer who serviced my CTX has two branches,one in Plymouth Devon,(which is the Yamaha agency) and a branch in Cornwall (which has the Honda agency) so I think they are well qualified,also,the technician told me that any warranty work could be carried out by them.
BTW my service cost £57 so not too bad

·
Registered
833 Posts
I picked mine up yesterday. Spoke to the Stealership owner about the 600mi service. Quoted $65.00 and about one hour, please call for an apointment.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Mine was right around $120 with taxes, disposal fees, etc. They changed the oil & (supposedly) checked for any fasteners that may have become loose. This is the only time I have ever paid for an oil change, but this is my first new bike (all others were used) and I does give me a little piece of mind if something comes up for warranty. I'll probably have them do the next service, but after the warranty is up next year I'll be doing it myself.

·
Registered
101 Posts
My 600 mi ck cost me $50. I used a $50 voucher from the dealer to buy a gallon of oil.... another quart for the extra 3 oz.... a few crush washers.... and K&N air filter .... about 10 min of my time in my garage and my 600 mi ck was done. :smiley-party0005:

·
Registered
437 Posts
$70 at my dealership in NW Iowa. 30 minute oil change.

Supposedly checked the bike over for loose nuts and bolts; I have my doubts. Mechanic said it was the first CTX1300 he'd ever done.

Anyhoo....

I've done the last two oil changes in the barn for about $18.00.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Took mine in to the Stealer that Quoted $65 and 1 hour to complete. 2 1/4 hrs and the bill was $139.00. I asked about the $65.00 Quote and they lowered the Labor to $60.00. Total was $115.00 with 4qts of oil & filter.The labor was for checking things that should have been checked before the bike was sold. I'll Never go back there again!

·
Registered
158 Posts
hey all, I just had my 1st service done yesterday. The tech said they had to get the printout for it was the 1st they ever done.. they sold only three of them . I'm going to order the manual so I can service it myself, It's not the money but it makes me nervous to think they don't know the bike. Warranty work they can do since I paid for 4 year extended warranty

Reactions: JB5 and bob

·
Registered
79 Posts
Going to do my first service in the next week. I will be doing it myself. Since all they do is oil and check for anything loose.. I got it.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Going to do my first service in the next week. I will be doing it myself. Since all they do is oil and check for anything loose.. I got it.
What kind of oil are you going to use? :confused:

·
Registered
4 Posts
beyond oil and filter 600 mile service

Does anyone know which bolts/nuts are to be checked? The dealer doesn't have much assembly to do from the crate?

I wonder if the 600 mile service is just oil/filter and a quick glance to see if wheels are not falling off :)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts