CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received my Corbin yesterday by UPS. I did struggle just a bit getting the seat to latch in the back but finally got it. It looks great and works just as good. Up until today I would constantly have to move around in the stock seat to keep comfortable. I didn't have to shift around even once on the ride this afternoon and evening. I have a 32" inseam and was a little afraid that I may regret not buying the up-close backrest version but I found that I was able to flat foot stops if I am up near the front of the seat and didn't really have any problems. The best thing about the new seat is having the rider backrest. It enabled me to much more enjoy the highway pegs that I installed. Before having the backrest, I had to fully extend my legs to use the pegs and it wasn't all that comfortable. Now, I can lean back on the backrest and relax with my legs firmly planted on the highway pegs. As far as I'm concerned, the Corbin seat is a keeper and my stock seat is for sale packaged up in the Corbin box if anyone is looking for one.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I will never understand companies that don't keep stock
I am a guy and when a guy wants to buy something he needs it now
I have not met to many guys theat are real patient when it comes to toys

so called corbin today and

nope none of those in stock
4 - 5 weeks out
for crap sake that's almost winter here in mn
so I didn't spend 500 with corbin today
on a brand new seat why wouldn't they have some stock

duh,
another lost sale for the aftermarket

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
Glad to hear yours worked out for you. I wish I could say the same for me. Sending mine back. Mine didn't fit right on the bike.
good luck on the return, their policy is pretty rigid (no refunds, only adjustments)

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
good luck on the return, their policy is pretty rigid (no refunds, only adjustments)
I think California has the "lemon" law so if an item is returned as defective (e.g. the seat doesn't fit the bike) they must repair it or give full refund.

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
GTMN: if you need one i will sell you mine i wil lget another got mine last week or 10 days ago but i am not riding that much i have heart problems and will be glad to sell you mine right now and i will just get another and wait. i am in no hurray at all
moon
YOU CAN EMAIL ME AT [email protected]

·
Registered
19 Posts
I had my seat customized, which really helped. However, I am a 5'4" female, and simply cannot be flat footed. I am considering having my seat bed cut away in the front sides
where I normally stand when stopped. Any advice on if that is even safe to do?

·
Premium Member
399 Posts
GTMN: if you need one i will sell you mine i wil lget another got mine last week or 10 days ago but i am not riding that much i have heart problems and will be glad to sell you mine right now and i will just get another and wait. i am in no hurray at all
moon
YOU CAN EMAIL ME AT [email protected]
What color is your Corbin? Stitching and trim?

·
Premium Member
399 Posts
I had my seat customized, which really helped. However, I am a 5'4" female, and simply cannot be flat footed. I am considering having my seat bed cut away in the front sides
I would go to an auto/leather seat repair shop. Sounds pretty simple and definitely safer.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Move the Forks up in the Tripple Trees 1". Made a world of difference for my Son.:smileygarden_de_ban

Reactions: ember

·
Registered
291 Posts
Laam seats modified mine as I thought I was 5'8" but now at 53 my doc says I'm 5' 61/2" , shrunk 1.5" , Seth Laam shortened mine and helped alot and still comfy, actually better.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I am getting to have my seat worked on. Do you have any advice?

When I ordered my seat last week I told the nice woman on the phone that I would like 1/2 in shaved off the width.... She told me that would be too drastic but if I wanted they would give the seat a "nose job". A nose job is when they shave down the side where the seat meets the "gas tank". Apparently it makes it much easier when standing our putting your feet down.

They told me that they were 4 to 5 weeks out, I'll review asap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
i have had mine on for a couple of thousand miles, Wayy better than stock for riding. Was unsure as I had always had good luck with Mustang seats on other bikes but Corbin is a winner here. I am 6'3" with 32' inseam, and can see where it might be tough to flat foot if shorter the way the seat bucket is designed.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts