CTX 1300 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Leaving tommorow for a 900 + mile loop through Eastern and Central Washington.With sightseeing it will be a 3 day trip.
North Bank of the Columbia River Gorge, Grand Coulee dam, North Cascades National Park, Mt Ranier, Okanogan-Wenatchee National Forest and many other awesome sites along the way. I may add a loop around Mt Rainer from the North side if I decide along the way to make it a 4 day trip, or the distance views of the mountain draw me in.
If the visibility is good I should have plenty of pics to update this post when I get back.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Trip postponed due to health issues. Damn I'm tired of this. Maybe I can head out tomorrow.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Finally got on the road albeit with a late start. Checked out Mt Ranier, the Mineral.Washington Railroad and Logging Museum, Ginko Petrified Forest, The White Pass Country Historical Museum today and overnighting in George, Washington. On to Grand Coulee Dam tommorow then home by an as yet undetermined route that will likely cover at least part of the North Cascades Hwy ( WA 20). I have nowhere to be until Wednesday at 9 AM so I'm in no hurry. Photos forthcoming.
All that being said the more I ride on the Darkside the more I like it. The bike is more stable in every situation I've encountered so far.

Reactions: JetA and fbnewell1

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So far it's been a great trip even though the memory card in my camera crapped out so I lost all the pics from the 1st day.
I decided to avoid the 40 degree temps on 20 and head South. Overnighting in Yakima. If you're in the area and need a room I can recommend The Hotel Y at 1700 North 1st St. Nice clean place for not a lot of money.
Also my hip and back aren't allowing me to make as many miles daily as I had hoped. Getting old really sux.
Spectacular scenery and great roads in the Central.part of Washington.
I'll add the pics from my my phone when I get home tomorrow evening.

Reactions: JetA and fbnewell1

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I didn't take a lot of pics after my camera m card died as the camera on my phone isn't that great. But here are a few of Stone Henge, Blue Lake, the canyon at Dry Falls State Park, Grand Coulee Dam. And of course Big Foot.

Attachments

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
And a few more.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts