CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Video link broken.

I do know several riders who own the BMW K1600. None own the "B" version that I remember. A few prefer the R1250RT however as far as a BMW goes.
I know the BMW is more like a Goldwing than the CTX, BUT, if Honda had continued the development, I truly think this is what it would be like on the 4 cylinder platform....
I felt it looked very much like the CTX, but has more in common with the the F6B.
I just always wonder what could have been if Honda had put more time and effort into this bike...

·
Premium Member
780 Posts
Is this the video?

Nice ride, but I'd still choose a Wing first. I don't like my feet behind my knees and the Wing has the lowest center of gravity in its class.
The BMW inline six probably has better power. I watched a comparison ride with a Wing and the BMW had a better range with that big gas tank.
It comes down to personal choice in my opinion.

·
Registered
795 Posts
I actually prefer having my feet under my butt. It makes standing up much easier. I find it very awkward to stand on the CTX.

I tend to avoid the gravel and badly paved backroads with the CTX. I tend to use the Niken for those roads because it's so much easier to stand up.

For normal street riding, the foot position on the CTX is the most comfortable I've ever ridden. But well-paved roads are only about half of my riding.

I considered buying a K 1600. I didn't do it due to the long distance to the closest dealer. I went with the Gold Wing instead. As it turned out, I preferred the CTX over the Gold Wing. I think the Gold Wing was technically a better bike than the CTX. But I found the CTX much more enjoyable.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've ridden GW in past, albeit pre'18, and almost bought the BME K1300LT but it was too damn tall for me, and was a big reason for the CTX find and purchase.
I entertained the idea of an adventure bike, but height, and the realization that my dirt days had long since passed me by made the CTX the purchase I searched for..
As stands now, this was the perfect bike for me.

·
Premium Member
780 Posts
I'm not an off pavement rider, so the BMW would be better for that I suppose.
And I should clarify, the latest model Goldwing is what I prefer. It may be heavier but that lower center of gravity is so nice.
It's like my 900 Vulcan. 100 pounds lighter than the CTX, but I prefer the CTX.
If I were to do more gravel roads I'd want an adventure bike of some sort. But I don't find the foot position comfortable.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I have taken a test ride on both, the K1600B and the new WG1800 DCT.
Both magnificant bikes. riding very smooth.
the BMW have more electronics and all the maintanace has to be done by the dealer.
The GW is more a big an good evolution of the ST1300
both are very $$
When i have to choose i think i'll take the BMW

Reactions: Stlburd2

·
Registered
2014 Honda CTX 1300
8 Posts
Nice ride, but I'd still choose a Wing first. I don't like my feet behind my knees and the Wing has the lowest center of gravity in its class.
The BMW inline six probably has better power. I watched a comparison ride with a Wing and the BMW had a better range with that big gas tank.
[/Q
Also, BMW=Bring More Wallet.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts