CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a new CTX, the black one. I leave in Versailles and work in Paris, so the CTX will be my main transportation, every day of the year whatever the weather !
I had a very substantial discount as importations will be discontinued in France, and by the way I'm the proud owner of quite a rare bike :smileygarden_de_ban
Glad to be a member of this forum, see you soon with some posts about suspension and tires

Philippe

·
Super Moderator
5,721 Posts
Welcome here @phit78.

Who is saying that imports to France will be discontinued? If a dealer then be careful. Dealers don't usually know all the details about distribution other than their own choices to their own stores.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
@phit78,
Welcome from Alabama, Philippe. You got the best color!!!!
Technical stuff is good. Several here don't like the suspension. It is ok to me.
Please post some eye candy of your ride with some lovely French countryside.

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
Welcome, phit78!
I wanted to get the black one, but the dealership didn't have a black deluxe, so I got the red one. I have to say, all the colors look great! Enjoy your bike and have fun!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Bienvenue Philippe.

Europe community is growing :smiley-happy0034:

Now I'm not the newest member any more :wink:

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
Black?

Black?

Then it will look like a d**n Harley!! :D:520:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Bob,
You are right the information about imports being stopped in France is from my dealer... but given the discount, the priced dropped from 17 K€ to 13 K€ and his close relationship with Honda France I'm unfortunatly quite confident that he is right...

·
Registered
9 Posts
From MotoStation.
Published: 02/12/2015 10:08

Particularly stocked, the Honda range sees some of its models disappear early this year against 2015. The sales performance or simplification of the range are the cause of these movements.
We had heard about the disappearance of some models of the Honda range for 2015. Information taken from Honda France, it appears that several models, although very recent, indeed leave the catalog remains to deplete stocks in concession . The CTX 700 and 1300 are affected by this selection. Sold, respectively, to the tune of 151 and 207 units for the year 2014, they have not sufficiently met with success. Nevertheless, their particular positioning would have deserved a longer installation period in the market. The evolution of the Honda range, including the platform NC 750 replacing the 700 suggests a probable return of the CTX 750 version in the short term. In another niche, CB 500 X, will also not be renewed for 2015. The volume of sales (328 units) remained well below the targets. In concession, trail displacement average sentence to seduce despite recognized qualities. VFR 1200 X Crossrunner will in future longer available manual transmission, only the DCT version, which represents 75% of sales, is preserved Catalogue 2015. Fabrice Recoque, director of the motorcycle division, explains the choices made by the the Honda range is very wide and this oversupply did not facilitate the task of the dealers at the risk of destabilizing the client. Finally the models mentioned above continue to be manufactured and are powered neighboring markets. There will be no tracking problem in the network, either side service or parts availability.

Reactions: manuman

·
Registered
9 Posts
Glad to be a member of this forum, see you soon with some posts about suspension and tires

Philippe

Bienvenue ici .....

·
Super Moderator
5,721 Posts
Too bad about that news re:CTX1300. But it doesn't change my opinion of my CTX1300. I still love it and believe it to be THE bike for me. :D

·
Registered
9 Posts
The same for me....
just the price in France at 13000 Euro, mine paid 17000.
But is collector today.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I had a very substantial discount as importations will be discontinued in France, and by the way I'm the proud owner of quite a rare bike :smileygarden_de_ban

Philippe
Thats what they said here too... but they are clearing out 2014 stock and just introducing new models one at a time . while the F6B rolls in w 2015 inventory, incentives on CTX1300 reached $3000US , i wouldnt be suprised to see the 2015 by may or so.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts