CTX 1300 Forum banner

A new member from....Belgium

3K views 16 replies 11 participants last post by  willajabir 
#1 ·
Hello everyone,

I'm Nick from Belgium. I'll be having my CTX next wednesday. So far, i've just done a test drive in the rain for about 10 minutes. It's a bike that is not so known here in Belgium, more real choppers, racers and tour bike's.
Now it seems that the weather will be good the next days so i hope to de some distance with it.
I 've immediatly put an higher windscreen and a 55 ltr topcase on...

Greetings and drive safely,

Nick

#2 ·
Welcome @pannick.
I'm sure you'll enjoy the longer rides on this bike.
It's really not as well known anywhere compared to many other models. Even where riders have heard of it most have not seen nor ridden on one and don't know what it's about. But we all love it here. :D

#4 ·
@pannick,
Welcome and it must have performed well in the rain?
Post a pic with the 55L trunk.
I got the 47 because I was afraid it would look to big, but maybe you can show me wrong (again as my wife would say).

#7 ·
Hi Nick,
Welcome from Cornwall,England,it's true to say that the CTX does not seem to be popular here,I haven't seen another one yet.
My colleague and I are riding through Belgium in June on the way to Vienna.
Cheers Melv

#8 ·
Welcome aboard from Houston, Texas. I have not seen any other CTX 1300s on the road either Great bike, and I've gotten compliments on mine. It's sort of a ******* child between a bagger & cruiser, but it's cool with me. At every turn, I seem to see the same red sports bike, or black Harley. Never once seen a CTX of any color. Ride on!

#9 ·
Welcome from Oregon and congratulations on getting your CTX. I haven't seen another one in my part of the world, so that makes me unique! As the cliches go, we "think outside the box," "march to the beat of a different drum," ride "the road less travelled," "swim against the current," "don't follow the crowd," "avoid the cookie cutter mentality." I'm sure there are more, but it all says we are a distinct breed of riders.

#11 ·
Oh yeah!!! Picked my ctx up this morning at the store and went this afternoon for a short ride;100 km, (aprox. 60 mls). What a difference when I compare with my Pan. I seem to sit more relaxed. It is difficult to stay around 3000 rpm's the first 500 km's and it seems to take curves quite well.
@ willajabir: foto's of the 55 ltr trunk are coming, can't find the right connection for the moment to upload my foto's.
Go tomorrow for another trip, sunny weather and still eastern holiday...

#12 ·
Go tomorrow for another trip, sunny weather and still eastern holiday...
Welcome to the forum Nick. You are going to love you new bike just like the rest of us. It really is strange that there are not more CTX1300s being sold considering how great of a motorcycle it is. But I see lots of new members here in the last month so maybe it will take off this year.

I work for a Belgium company (headquarters in Genk), so I have been there many times - and I know how rare the sun shines - so you got to get out and enjoy it while you can. Whenever I call over there and cannot get anybody, I always think, "the sun must be shining in Belgium today".

#13 ·
I still think many riders and dealers and journalists are having a hard time classifying this bike and feel the need to do so before seriously considering it for themselves. WE on this forum who have personally realized the greatness of this machine that doesn't fit any of the established categories don't follow the crowd that needs to categorize. WE are not Lemmings (creatures that follow the crowd without question... even off a cliff).

Reactions: cjm76
#15 ·
Plenty of Lemmings out there. Just look for anyone dissing the CTX as "not a real or serious motorcycle" and make some meringue. :D

As for me... I already have my desert. Been riding every day since Spring Break. :D

#17 · (Edited)
@pannick,
Thanks for the photos. Looking good, even if it is red. :D IF you get a chance, a rear shot of the bike with the box would be nice.
The extra few ltrs of space in that larger trunk will be nice when touring. I like it.
The windscreen looks wider than the Honda version also.
Look forward to your impressions of it after some extended use.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.