CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Those of you who have installed the center stand, does it effect the amount of lean angle possible? As often as I drag a peg, I would hate to have something solid touch down...

·
Registered
114 Posts
I had ground contact with both pegs but not yet with the center stand. When I had my ST1300 I once had ground contact with the center stand, but this was in a left turn AND I hit a hole in the street. With any other bike with less weight this would have thrown me off the street :eek:

·
Super Moderator
2,174 Posts
They're usually pretty careful to design this stuff, accessories included, so that the folding pegs are the first things to touch ground in a lean.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have a small heated shed and have a turn cycle (15-3/4 " turntable) with 1000 lb limit. My Silverwing's centre stand is offset to the rear more than most I believe.
My question is can someone with a CTX Centre stand advise the overall tip to tip bike length (without trunk), the dimension to the axis of the centre stand from the tip when in use and the out to out dimension of the centre stand on the ground (width). This info is for me to determine if a shed reno is necessary and if my turntable is wide enough.
Frank

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
I had the center stand installed and I haven't had an issue. I haven't scraped my pegs either, even thought I've not held back in cornering (even on tail of the dragon).

The center stand comes with a replacement chrome piece for your muffler, which has an indentation in it, for the foot of the stand to rest into.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Center Stand Comment

I had the center stand installed and I haven't had an issue. I haven't scraped my pegs either, even thought I've not held back in cornering (even on tail of the dragon).

The center stand comes with a replacement chrome piece for your muffler, which has an indentation in it, for the foot of the stand to rest into.
The dealer installed my center stand about a week or so ago. Since then I have ridden about 1000 miles without a problem at lean. My only comment is that I keep hitting my left calf on the center stand step when I stop for lights and stop signs. I used the stand once and my wife had to help me push it off the stand after I removed the trunk so I could grab the rack. I plan to only use it when I put the bike away for the winter to keep the wheels off the ground.

:(

·
Registered
105 Posts
Mine came with the centre stand......I've scraped both pegs and have had no issues.....love the centre stand, better for storage and it makes it sooooooo easy to clean the rims!!!

:smiley-happy0034:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts