CTX 1300 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spent the day putting new tires on the bike, and replaced the rear brake pad. When I took it for a test ride I notice my ABS/ TC lights did not go off after about reaching speed and my check engine came on after about a 1 mile. what did I do wrong?

·
Registered
363 Posts
I dont know but I remember another forum member posted the same thing within the last year. I believe it ended up being a spacer installed wrong when putting the wheel back on and the ABS sensor wheel was out of alignment to the sensor. You may have luck searching the forum.

·
Super Moderator
5,622 Posts
The spacer is one thing to check. There are posts here about that including a photo or two.
Also check the clearance of the sensor with the ABS ring. If too close or too far that system will indicate a fail.
I don't have the SM any more or I'd look up the clearance for you.

·
Registered
2014 Honda CTX 1300 Deluxe
70 Posts
I just got serviced a couple weeks back and when I left my Check Engine light was on and my Traction Control and ABS lights were on. When I got home I shut it down and re-started it a few times but the lights stayed on. I called the shop and they asked me to bring it back in. About halfway back the lights all went out and have been working as they should, the shop said there may be a sensor that had to reset. They were unsure if this was the reason but it was there speculation.

Best of luck in getting it fixed up soon.

Thanks,
James

·
Registered
34 Posts
Mine was the one that had the same issue. It was the spacer. The tolerance between the sensor and the ring is 1 to 1.5 mm. If the sensor falls outside this, it will fail. My mechanic eventually replaced the spacer behind the sensor to bring it back into tolerance. It has appeared to be fine since.

I had all the above symptoms including the engine management light.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts