CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had the dealer install tall windshield and center stand today. The top of the windshield is about chin high on my 5'9".......Perfect! I like to look over the shield. Did about 50 miles on the freeway with no buffeting or kiting. Now I'm ready for some serious road time. Oh, I do not miss my Harley!

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
You won't miss the Bro Wave? :350x700px-LL-66dd6d

Reactions: Tamale

·
Registered
42 Posts
Didn't know it actually had a name but its left hand off the bar down to your side with two fingers or the full hand extended. At least that is how it's done around my area. Believe it was at one time a Harley thing but almost anyone does it now. Noticed that mostly cruiser riders do it. See it very little with the kids and their pocket rockets. And yes, I consider the CTX1300 a cruiser.

·
Registered
764 Posts
I always thought that Bro Wave was just lazy folks who couldn't bother to lift their arms up in a proper wave.

Reactions: bruceb

·
Registered
229 Posts
Bro wave

Didn't know it actually had a name but its left hand off the bar down to your side with two fingers or the full hand extended. At least that is how it's done around my area. Believe it was at one time a Harley thing but almost anyone does it now. Noticed that mostly cruiser riders do it. See it very little with the kids and their pocket rockets. And yes, I consider the CTX1300 a cruiser.
Yes I have noticed this particular wave in France,most of the bikers use it even the " pocket rocket" riders.
With a few exceptions all bikers did the wave.or hang a leg out.

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
What the **** is the Bro Wave?
By reputation, Harley riders only wave to other Harley riders. I wave to everyone, and most everyone waves back.

Now that I will ride a CTX, I'll only wave to Honda riders. And salute Goldwing riders, or course. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Tamale and Drummer

·
Registered
227 Posts
I'm usually going too fast to recognize what brand of bike I am waving at before I have already waved. Sometimes I even wave at scooters by mistake. Hard to tell some of them from real bikes unless you are just poking along, which I hardly ever do. (I know, Bob...I'm an idiot).

·
Registered
42 Posts
Originally the two finger wave was a Harley V-twin exchange but over the years has morphed into a two wheels down salute among all riders. I frankly salute all two wheel riders, bikes or scooters, when it doesn't interfere with operating the bike.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Btw, I have installed the Cee Baileys 16 inch shield with vent and it does a very good job of controlling the air flow. I can now hear the speakers at highway speeds. :smiley-happy0034:

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
the thing about human nature is, "the grass is greener on the other side of fence". Question is, before you bought your CTX, which side of the fence were you on?
I say the CTX is a great bagger lacking sport touring power(ST1300). But if you want a bagger that out performs most other baggers. The CTX1300 is it.

Reactions: kniterider

·
Registered
406 Posts
Pretty close.. It definitely has been detuned from my ST1300 I had but that bike was a back killer on any ride over 500 miles..But **** could you know the bottom out of that 500 miles..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts