CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the middle of installing the audio system and have found a snag with removal of the instrument/meter panel. According to the instructions it should just pop out after removing the two bolts on the side but it does not do that. Can someone help me with what I am missing? I followed the instructions step by step so I am not sure what is wrong.
Thanks. :350x700px-LL-66dd6d

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
found 2 screws that were very difficult to get to, but as soon as I removed them the unit popped out. Guess we will hand write those in the instructions.

·
Registered
4 Posts
adding audio

Kellis 61

How did it all work out, was it worth it?

I'm leaning toward adding but wondered about wiring harness and control button labels etc.

thanks

·
Super Moderator
5,721 Posts
@kellis61, Where were those extra 2 screws? The service manual does show 4 screws to separate the "Combination Meter" from the meter visor/speaker grills part (after the whole assembly is removed). Are there 2 other screws with collars more than what is shown to remove the whole assembly from the bike?

The 2 screws with collars that are shown are directly behind the headlight, inside of where the speaker sound chambers would be located.

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@Randcore, I have really liked having the music as I ride. Make sure you give yourself several hours to install if you do it yourself. I enjoyed the installation, but I have always liked doing my own work if possible.

@bob, the instructions that came with the unit from the dealer did not show the two screws that would come up from the bottom of the meter panel behind the headlight. I did find them but they were a little difficult to get to. Honda also put the left bolt behind the mirror in way too tight. I had to use a drill and easyout. Like I told randcore though, it was worth it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts