CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 109 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any success finding an adjustable clutch lever for the CTX? It looks similar to the one on the ST 1300 but I've had no luck.
:350x700px-LL-66dd6d

·
Registered
93 Posts
I have been trying to find a adj clutch lever also. If anyone finds one please post it on this board THANKS

·
Registered
273 Posts
Do you guys think a service manual for these bikes from Honda might be available online somewhere or might we have to wait longer for that? Would be helpful for things like this.

·
Super Moderator
5,721 Posts
Service manual has been available to buy online since early last spring... so almost a year now. I ordered mine in late April or early May from HelmInc.com has the official manual HERE. I just looked again since I haven't visited that page since last spring and the price is WAY up from before. I bought mine from here for just under $50 but now it's more than double that!
An online copy of the manual may be a long time coming... if at all. I haven't found one yet for the USA version bikes. I prefer to have my own copy anyway. :)

·
Registered
93 Posts
Do you guys think a service manual for these bikes from Honda might be available online somewhere or might we have to wait longer for that? Would be helpful for things like this.

What we are wanting is a adjustable lever like the Goldwings have. Theres no adj for the clutch.

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
Are you wanting less pull weight or shorter pull distance ?

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here is an update on my efforts to find an adjustable clutch lever for the CTX. I spent some time scanning the Honda OEM parts lists to try and determine if there were any levers that crossed from one model to the next. I "discovered" that the current CTX non-adjustable clutch lever is similar (not same #) to that on the early GW 1200 and 1500. There is currently NO aftermarket adjustable clutch lever available for the CTX worldwide...IMHO and I'm a **** good googler. So..I took a risk and ordered a set of those Chinese adjustable levers made for the late model ST1300..$33. Still haven't arrived and perhaps they never will but I think there is about a 50% they will fit the CTX. I also went to the local dealer and we compared clutch levers on the CTX, F6B, F6C, and GW. He thinks the adjustable lever on the GW can be made to fit with a little grinding off of an extra tab. That part is on order. So....I guess this story will continue at some point in the future.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Here is an update on my efforts to find an adjustable clutch lever for the CTX. I spent some time scanning the Honda OEM parts lists to try and determine if there were any levers that crossed from one model to the next. I "discovered" that the current CTX non-adjustable clutch lever is similar (not same #) to that on the early GW 1200 and 1500. There is currently NO aftermarket adjustable clutch lever available for the CTX worldwide...IMHO and I'm a **** good googler. So..I took a risk and ordered a set of those Chinese adjustable levers made for the late model ST1300..$33. Still haven't arrived and perhaps they never will but I think there is about a 50% they will fit the CTX. I also went to the local dealer and we compared clutch levers on the CTX, F6B, F6C, and GW. He thinks the adjustable lever on the GW can be made to fit with a little grinding off of an extra tab. That part is on order. So....I guess this story will continue at some point in the future.

Flytrap I had a GL1800 clutch lever and yes it will work by cutting that 1/8 square tab off . I set it at 5 works great:smiley-happy0034:

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wonderful.
Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Now you guys are making me spend $ again

Yep, might as well blame you guys for finding stuff to buy for the CTX.

Thanks for the info, will go scrounge one up online since I've been fiddling around with the clutch lever position on the bars to find the sweet spot for clutch feel.

Aloha,
Huladog

·
Registered
86 Posts
Ordered an aftermarket replacement from a UK seller on eBay for $26.00 and change including shipping to the US. Figuring it should be like an EMGO sort of OEM replacement part. EMGO had the part on eBay but it was only in chrome and I tried searching for a black EMGO to no avail.

Aloha,
Huladog

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Adjustable clutch lever: results

So...I ended up with two adjustable clutch levers. The local dealer ordered one off a Gold Wing and that one works fine after you grind off an extra tab. It is essentially the same process as described here:
hondaclutchlever I also ordered levers from the2wheels.com As there was no CTX listed I took a chance and ordered for the Honda ST1300 years 2008-2012, parts F-12/V-00. The clutch lever dropped right in with no problem. The brake lever will never work. The lever from the2wheels.com looks cool as heck. Because of bad weather and being out of town I only had the chance to test the cool lever around my subdivision. Big difference in reach and this was most noticeable when doing low speed maneuvers. Makes the process much easier and smoother. Long term test to follow.

Attachments

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
clutch lever tested

So...I ended up with two adjustable clutch levers. The local dealer ordered one off a Gold Wing and that one works fine after you grind off an extra tab. It is essentially the same process as described here:
hondaclutchlever I also ordered levers from the2wheels.com As there was no CTX listed I took a chance and ordered for the Honda ST1300 years 2008-2012, parts F-12/V-00. The clutch lever dropped right in with no problem. The brake lever will never work. The lever from the2wheels.com looks cool as heck. Because of bad weather and being out of town I only had the chance to test the cool lever around my subdivision. Big difference in reach and this was most noticeable when doing low speed maneuvers. Makes the process much easier and smoother. Long term test to follow.
Took a long ride with the GW clutch lever set on the closest position (#5). Shifting is much smoother and easier now. I think it has something to do with clutch engaging and disengaging with less movement of the lever. Much less hand effort involved also. Now I need to determine which lever is better: GW or the one from China.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Well I hope you like the 2wheels version.. Because of your post I ordered a set Monday evening:tongue::tongue::smiley-happy0034::smiley-party0005:

·
Registered
86 Posts
No more feeling like a klutz with the clutch

Took a long ride with the GW clutch lever set on the closest position (#5). Shifting is much smoother and easier now. I think it has something to do with clutch engaging and disengaging with less movement of the lever. Much less hand effort involved also. Now I need to determine which lever is better: GW or the one from China.
Like @flytrap said this simple change makes the clutch engagement much safer and comfortable, better control in low speed situations.

Now I'm feeling much less of a klutz than before when the clutch engaged farther out in it's travel.

Only hiccup I noticed is that the aftermarket replacement GL clutch lever I got has a flatter profile compared to the stock lever so it felt a bit unusual at first.

When swapping the levers put a dab of grease in the hole where the bronze bushing goes, it will keep it in place while you get the pivot bolt inserted and will hopefully prevent the little bushing from falling out and hiding on your garage floor.

The tab that needs to be removed came off easily with a Dremel abrasive cutoff wheel but I bet it would only take a few minutes to file it off by hand!

Aloha,
Huladog

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I like the one from China better.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Flytrap can you post the link to order this lever please. Thanks.
Actually I think I found it but as far as the option to select Shorty or Long which did you go with and what is this for?

·
Registered
406 Posts
MIGHT WANT TO HOLD OFF ON ordering from the2wheel.com site. Not sure whats going on but Have not seen my delivery yet AND 4 days after i used their site my credit card was hacked in NEW YORK.. I have not used the that card in months..

1 - 20 of 109 Posts