CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,176 Posts
Link works fine. Never seen those before -- thanks for sharing! We'll definitely be looking to hear how they work for you. ;)

·
Super Moderator
5,724 Posts
That link goes to the 7/8" model. Hope you didn't order those. Your bars are 1-1/8" at the clamps. Those remind me a little of the adjustable risers available for the ST bikes that a lot of those owners put on. Same level of adjustability.

Sent from my Nexus 7 tablet using the Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
read the whole link sir the ones i ordered are adjustbla and will fit either size (94.00 delivers in two day mail)

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
click on the picture of the risers on the left side and you will see that spacer loops inside the clamp

When you go to order them a fitment chart pops up and actually has CTX1300 listed

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I rode to work tonite with new risers on,,, WOW what a difference on my lower back Much more relaxed now,, I now know I will be able to do my 18 hour days easily Come August for my USA 4 corners ride

·
Registered
281 Posts
Now you got me interested. Did you move the bars back or up or both?

·
Registered
33 Posts
I rode to work tonite with new risers on,,, WOW what a difference on my lower back Much more relaxed now,, I now know I will be able to do my 18 hour days easily Come August for my USA 4 corners ride
I did the USA 4 Corners Tour back in 2010. Definitely need the ergos right before heading off on a trip like that. I rode my VTX1800 on that trip. I had fitted the bike with an aftermarket seat, handlebars, highway pegs, cruise control, etc. Made the 10-12 hour days very enjoyable in the saddle. Have fun and keep us updated on this site during your travels!!

Brian

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, which size did you use, and did you use existing cables and brake lines.
I am having problems seeing through the stock mirrors, so much so that I have fitted additional mirrors from a Crossrunner, maybe the adjustable risers would solve this issue.
Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ok ,, had to remove the cables and hoses from their little retainers to benefit from the full "back" adjustable part of the new risers.. I will replace them shortly with longer ones Just because I like the extra cushion.. Now I have the risers almost parallel to the ground which brings the bars BACK as far possible . I am now Comfortable sitting upright relaxed with elbows just slightly bent.. PLUS I can now see a much larger view in my stock mirrors , Still have a blind spot to my immediate rear though.. I will still be going with a set of those miirors that stick on from the other members post

Will try and get pics in daylight tomorrow I am off for the whole .. first day off since I bought the bike

·
Registered
8 Posts
I put mine on today 8/26. Brake cables are stretched pretty tight. you can gain a little on the cables by loosening your control clamps at the reservoirs and slide them inward about 3/4 inch. Geez those hydraulic cables are tight.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I also removed mine from their little guide loops in front of the yoke gave me about another inch so I could go lock to lock without any binding

1 - 20 of 80 Posts