CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did we ever come up with a preference setting that will let me turn off all the distracting animations in the posts?

·
Registered
1,205 Posts

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Distractions on the Forum

I have benefited greatly from the information on this forum. But I find the little animated GIFs distracting to the point that I can barely stand to read the posts. I know I'm in the minority here. Most forums are overloaded with this stuff, so most users must love it.

When I type a new entry I can slide the dancing hot dog off the screen. But when I read entries I've found no good way to kill him. All of the browser settings that would kill him are global and therefore mess up other sites I visit with that browser. I suppose I could configure a dedicated browser for this forum, but that's a lot of work considering the number of computers I use.

I'll be checking in once or twice per month, but I won't be using this forum much any more. I wish y'all the best of luck. Maybe I'll meet some of y'all on the road one day.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
I have to agree with TennesseeSmith, I disabled the animated GIFs which I found distracting.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts