CTX 1300 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Posted a "Trailers almost ready ..." question and looking at it today I noticed "...tire..." was highlighted in red and a link added going to Motorcycle Tires - Chaparral Motorsports. Wasn't off to the side like most ads are, but in the middle of my post !

I didn't add it, so how was done ? Think an ad would require my permission to link words typed within my posts. If certain vendors are permitted to do this, are approved by someone ?

·
Super Moderator
5,411 Posts
I don't see that in your post. Might be something that only happens with members who are not Premium or Lifetime members since they are those who still see advertising. I've seen that in news articles where it's certain that the author never put links to certain words for off site advertising or content but they are there.

·
Administrator
294 Posts
Those ads are called Viglinks @SLP. They are basically content driven ads which you would only see if you were logged out or if the user group that you belong to is not exempt from additional advertising. Viglinks are assigned randomly and generally lead to sponsored content. For example, if the word tire was highlighted, clicking on it may lead to a tire retail site or eBay.

I hope that helps to clarify!

Cheers,

Erik

1 - 3 of 3 Posts