CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Premium Member
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These instructions are part of another thread that's getting pretty lengthy so it's time to give it it's own identity.
If you are looking to run your own aftermarket lights to save money from what the dealer charges, Here are the instructions:
Watch the youtube video link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55Pj7stmYY4&list=UUhu59qgjc_cA-rgXTpqXwzw

You follow the plastic wiring casing from your HI/LOW controls down to somewhere around the top of your triple tree. Slice into the casing and the blue/white wire will be the low beam hot wire. The solid blue wire is for the high beam. Run your fog light wire up to the blue wire and tie into the hot (+) wire. There is a threaded frame hole in that area and that can be used for the ground. You can tie the ground wire (-) anywhere you want to the frame.
If you live in a state that requires a relay to keep more than 4 lights from coming on at one time. follow the schematic.

IMPORTANT: LED fog lights are highly recommended to keep the amps draw to a minimum.

Picture of my fog lights attached

If you are bored and want to see the original post, click below.

http://www.ctx1300forum.com/forum/appearance-body/7305-highway-pegs-fog-lights-together.html

Attachments

· Registered
143 Posts
Excellent! Although I am not putting fog lights on my bike, I like that you took the time to video, produce, and upload to Youtube for everyone else. Installing the fog lights with the single pole switch is not hard to understand necessarily, but to see where you tapped in and how you did it is priceless. Thanks!

· Premium Member
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the compliment. I think the reason most people join forums is to gain knowledge on something that's puzzling their next project. And of coarse the biggest pain in the a$$ is having to search for days to get it. Glad I could help.

· Registered
275 Posts
Thanks for the compliment. I think the reason most people join forums is to gain knowledge on something that's puzzling their next project. And of coarse the biggest pain in the a$$ is having to search for days to get it. Glad I could help.
Mainly that is what they're for, great resource, great for the organized knowledge too as that's when it's most powerful.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.