CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
143 Posts
It was 39 here today, that is our January thaw weather and considered taking the bike a few miles down the road, but the melting snow had a lot of slippery areas, so I didn't make it.

However, seeing a CTX out on a ride is always a pleasant sight, I like the top-box from GIVI as it looks good on the bike. How do you like the windshield you have on the bike? I recently was reading about Madstad windshield and would agree, when you separate the airflow to relieve the flow from the dynamic high pressure from the front of the windshield, it will solve most turbulence issues.

I am thinking in less than 60 days the riding weather will arrive here, so I am still tweaking the bike for summer!

· Premium Member
907 Posts
You know, I've had my CTX for... what... 8 months or so? And I still can't get over how beautiful this bike is. Thanks for sharing, Flytrap. :)

· Super Moderator
2022 Matte Deep Blue Kymco AK 550
6,118 Posts
Nice photo there.
I did'nt think to take a photo. But I did go for a short ride today. Was originally just going to ride down the street to lunch about 2 miles south but then on impulse turned north onto the main drag instead and ended up going the long way around (only about 36 miles) to that same lunch stop. Temps stayed around 46-48 all the way around. Mostly dry on the streets here but run off in a few places and warm enough to be just water. I too get "ride fever" if more than a week or two at most without a ride. Has happened during a few years here since we do get a good amount of snow at times, but thankfully the city snowplows get out and clear the streets right away and the rest does evaporate, in a few days, if the temps don't warm up enough to melt it.

· Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I started with the 15 inch Madstad. I'm 6 feet tall and this was just a tad too short. I then went to the 17 inch one and all the wind problems are now solved. I get a nice calm area and can still look over the top.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.