CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have always loved a V4 - and I waited a long time for the CTX1300 to come along - so I was interested to see that an American start-up has designed a bike with a V4. Check out the Motus MSTR MSTR | Motus Motorcycles

What do you all think?

·
Super Moderator
5,721 Posts
More than a few ST owners on that forum have tried to compare the CTX1300 to the Motus. Not sure why as I don't recall seeing much similarity other than that it HAS a V4 engine mounted the same way. The bike ergonomics look very uncomfortable to me. I also doubt the reliability/dependability of the Motus would justify the price (about double msrp) over something like the CTX. Been since last spring when I last read the thread over there. I also really like the V4 engine, as well as the flat 6 in the GL series.

·
Super Moderator
2,174 Posts
Yeah, what Bob said. I also love V-4's, and love seeing them in different applications. But I have no idea why anyone ever decided to compare these two rides, as they have very little in common and play to pretty different audiences.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
I'm guessing the context of the comparisons is what makes it relevant. Were they trying to justify changing to the bike? Or did they want it but couldn't afford it, so pointed out the negatives between the two? Just my own initial thoughts.
I like the Motus. It already comes with most of the things a ST rider would want. Good engine, great handle bars, great suspension, all the things a rider would get as after market already included. Even the custom seat. No, I'm not wanting one and neither am I associated with them(local company). I'm one of those guys that likes so many forms of 2 wheels but don't make enough money to buy them(ones I want) all!!!!!!!!!
Just the same, many don't understand how we can call the CTX a cruiser. My wife calls it a bunny (profile view).

·
Registered
406 Posts
WOW..I just emailed for a test ride... Has all the things available that i have been trying to jury rig on my CTX,, Cruise control, brand name seat options, adjustable windshield, PLUS SIX SPEED OVERDRIVE BUT only drawback I can see WITHOUT a test ride is that **** chain drive.. I swore I would never go back after my CB550 let loose at 75 mph after only 10000 miles IF not for my tall boots I was wearing I would have lost my leg

·
Registered
227 Posts
I would jump on that thing in a heartbeat...if only I had unlimited funds. Twice as costly as the CTX but with 3 to 4 times the performance and convenience of things that work well. Like the front shocks, handlebars that aren't beach-cruiser bars and cruise control. I want one, but probably will never have the funds to have one.

Woe is me...

Wait, maybe I should buy some Motus stock and when it makes me a ton of money I can afford one.

That's the ticket!

·
Registered
764 Posts
The chain drive is probably something I could learn to live with. But I've learned my lesson about buying fancy bikes from dealers far away. After the horrible experience I had with the Trophy, I'll never again buy a bike that I can't get serviced locally.

The only complaint I have with the CTX is the poor fuel range. I decided not to add the aux tank this Winter and I'm already second guessing that choice. The Motus has a 5.5 gallon tank and a more powerful, larger engine. I doubt it will go any more miles than the CTX.

I think the bike would be a lot of fun. I'll buy a lottery ticket today and maybe I can buy a Motus after I win. :)

·
Registered
406 Posts
The chain drive is probably something I could learn to live with. But I've learned my lesson about buying fancy bikes from dealers far away. After the horrible experience I had with the Trophy, I'll never again buy a bike that I can't get serviced locally.

The only complaint I have with the CTX is the poor fuel range. I decided not to add the aux tank this Winter and I'm already second guessing that choice. The Motus has a 5.5 gallon tank and a more powerful, larger engine. I doubt it will go any more miles than the CTX.

I think the bike would be a lot of fun. I'll buy a lottery ticket today and maybe I can buy a Motus after I win. :)

BUT the motus is listing a 6 speed tranny with a DOUBLE overdrive, whatever the **** that means...

·
Registered
227 Posts
It means that 5th and 6th gears are higher than 1:1.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts