CTX 1300 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nothing worse than that annoying Harley add that plays with sound every 5 minutes. Is there any way to block it or at least shut the volume off. It makes me want to leave the site as it drives me NUTS!:mad:
Please, Please someone help!

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
I don't know what you are talking about ;)

I think you need to become member.

·
Super Moderator
5,411 Posts
Those ads are gone with premium or lifetime premium membership. Unfortunately nothing can be done for regular members other than recommending you mute the volume while on the site. :(

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Those ads are gone with premium or lifetime premium membership. Unfortunately nothing can be done for regular members other than recommending you mute the volume while on the site. :(
Unfortunate for me ! I figure as much. was going crazy trying to find the"X" to close the add.:515

·
Administrator
294 Posts
@rman are you logged in when this ad starts playing? The next time this happens to you, can you right click the ad and grab the ad's URL. Once we get that we'll send it to our ad team to investigate. Ad's shouldn't be playing with sound when the user is logged in.

Niall

·
Premium Member
979 Posts
The CTX can outaccelerate the average Harley. When you hear it, just twist the throttle.

·
Administrator
294 Posts
Thanks for sharing, @bruceb :p
@rman let us know about the ads playing with sound if you're logged in? Follow the instructions as provided by Niall.

Thanks,
Natalie

·
Administrator
294 Posts
Glad it's working. Let us know if you start seeing them when you're logged in and we'll get our ad team to investigate.

Niall

·
Registered
12 Posts
The ADS play in full mode, i use mobile mode no more ads. They are very annoying its even moving my web page to the bottom or top where the video ad starts to play. I stay logged in.

·
Premium Member
455 Posts
@rman are you logged in when this ad starts playing? The next time this happens to you, can you right click the ad and grab the ad's URL. Once we get that we'll send it to our ad team to investigate. Ad's shouldn't be playing with sound when the user is logged in.

Niall

Yes they are playing sound when logged in. The Fitbit Ad is doing it right now. It has the wheel of death rotating as well so no way to get the URL. The ad's are also always readjusting the page so that when looking at a thread it moves it up/down so you can't see the entry you were just looking at. You move back down to where you were and it moves it up/down so you can't see what you were reading again. Yes, Ill be pennying up soon but in the meantime it's pretty messed up.

Attachments

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Haven't had a problem since I've been logging in:ty:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Yes they are playing sound when logged in. The Fitbit Ad is doing it right now. It has the wheel of death rotating as well so no way to get the URL. The ad's are also always readjusting the page so that when looking at a thread it moves it up/down so you can't see the entry you were just looking at. You move back down to where you were and it moves it up/down so you can't see what you were reading again. Yes, Ill be pennying up soon but in the meantime it's pretty messed up.
What JRob said is what happens to me also (logged in). I stop the page from loading as soon as possible before the ad loads and this usually works.

·
Administrator
294 Posts
@rman - glad to hear you haven't run into any issues.
@JRob - are you able to right click on it and see a drop menu appear with one of the options being along the lines of 'copy image address' and paste it here? What device/browser are you using?
@tommyb - good that you have a work around this but can you see if you're able to right click on the ad and copy the image address? Let us know the device/browser you are using as well.

Thank you guys,
Natalie

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
@JRob
Which browser you using? IF you have an up to date browser, most of them have what is called "scroll anchoring". It is turned off by default.
For example, Chrome being the most common, Google the term "Chrome scroll anchoring". Turn it on.
This option will let you scroll to a spot on the forum while it continues to load without jumping all over the page while it continues loading.

Edit: for Chrome type Chrome://flags
Scroll down to scroll anchoring. (about 3/4 way down the page).
Choose enable from the drop down box.

·
Premium Member
455 Posts
@willajabir

Thanks. Will give it a try. It's an irritating issue that I only have on this site. Should be signing up as a fully fledged paid member in the next day or two. Been spending my $ on CTX fuel. :smile: I just think that for those just coming to the site for the first time it may drive them away if they experience the same issue.

·
Premium Member
455 Posts
@rman - glad to hear you haven't run into any issues.

@JRob - are you able to right click on it and see a drop menu appear with one of the options being along the lines of 'copy image address' and paste it here? What device/browser are you using?

@tommyb - good that you have a work around this but can you see if you're able to right click on the ad and copy the image address? Let us know the device/browser you are using as well.

Thank you guys,
Natalie
I'm using chrome and not able to get a drop down with a right click. I also use the latest version of safari on my IMac and it's doing the same thing Will work the fix mentioned below. JRob

·
Premium Member
455 Posts
I'm now a full fledged member of this gang. As such all of my advertisement/screen moving issues have gone away. Wheh!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts