CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:smileygarden_de_ban
I'm a retired computer programmer and worked for Office Depot HQ in Boca Raton, FL retiring to Gatlinburg, TN. Just bought the CTX1300 standard brand new in red for the bargain price of $ 9,977.00.
I actually started out with a '13 F6B. It was feeling a little cumbersome to hold up when riding two up in the mountainous terrain around Gatlinburg. So ... I traded it in on a held over 2014 Harley Davidson Tri Glide Ultra. I didn't realize how much I would miss real motorcycle riding. I also didn't realize how much work it is to ride the twisties on a trike.
I started looking for an inexpensive motorcycle I could buy for some two up riding while still keeping the Tri Glide. I went to Knoxville Honda/Indian/Triumph/Ducati/Yamaha/Suzuki to look at the Triumph America LT, the Yamaha 950 Tourer, and the Suzuki V Strom 1000. I saw the red CTX1300 and immediately liked the size, the feel, the lack of chrome, the shaft drive, the V4 that runs on regular, and the big comfy seat. I couldn't believe the price! Took it for a test ride and we bought it yesterday afternoon. Like it much better than the F6B. The mountain roads around here are a real treat on the CTX1300. :smiley-happy0034:

·
Premium Member
909 Posts
Welcome! I've always loved the low-slung look of the F6B... But I think the CTX1300 is awesomer. :)
I too love the fact that it's great for two-up travel but still doesn't feel like a land barge at parking lot speeds. It's no sportbike, but then again, no sportbike is a CTX. After 11 thousand miles, this is still the perfect bike for me. Happy trails!

Reactions: bob

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Welcome! I've always loved the low-slung look of the F6B... But I think the CTX1300 is awesomer. :)
I too love the fact that it's great for two-up travel but still doesn't feel like a land barge at parking lot speeds. It's no sportbike, but then again, no sportbike is a CTX. After 11 thousand miles, this is still the perfect bike for me. Happy trails!
What he said ++

Reactions: JBone

·
Super Moderator
5,723 Posts
Yeah, what they said. And welcome to the forum. You found with the F6B what I found with my old GL1500. That was a land barge at school zone speeds. Loved it for LD travel, but have now found that the CTX is every bit as comfortable for that and much better in parking lots too! Best of all worlds :D

·
Registered
118 Posts
Welcome! You will love this bike. I recommend buying Menosabe's highway peg mounts. For me they have made an almost perfect ride, perfect!!

·
Premium Member
1,069 Posts
Not another one! Pretty soon we won't be unique.

But we'll always be cool...and good looking.:cool:

·
Registered
279 Posts
a guy asked me about mine at a dealer yesterday
he said he was thinking bout getting one
and I said
THINKING, just buy one they are free right now
and then I told him all the good and bad

I have a dealer down the street from me that still has the $17499 big price sign on his
sooo not looking to sell that one then

oh ya welcome

1 - 9 of 9 Posts