CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No, I'm not actually asking you to tell me whether you've received a speeding ticket, however, I noticed last week when I went by three different radar machines (the kind that show you your speed) that the CTX did not elicit a response from any machine. Are these bikes invisible to radar??? Anyone else notice this?

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
Oh How Sweet it would BE:smileygarden_de_ban

NOT invisible to all radars. No tickets yet, but the bike is being measured by the local static traffic speed type warning radars here in my area.

·
Registered
413 Posts
My bike has registered with those radar speed indicator signs here in PA.

Jeff

·
Super Moderator
5,721 Posts
We also have a few speed carts around and my CTX is picked up by all of them. Only one of them is calibrated right. I know my speedo is dead on for actual speed (unusual for any bike I've had) and most of those radar carts show a few mph lower than I am going when passing them. Of course, if there is a much bigger cage following you then it may seem the bike is invisible because it likely is... compared to the bigger background bearing down on you from behind!

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Speed cart on private business in Birmingham caught me at 17 in a 12 zone @ 500 feet. Security guard just smiled and shook his finger.

·
Premium Member
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Oh How Sweet it would BE

NOT invisible to all radars. No tickets yet, but the bike is being measured by the local static traffic speed type warning radars here in my area.
You guys obviously didn't get the stealth paint option.
Hmm, mine's black so maybe I DO have stealth paint!

·
Registered
279 Posts
lalalalala I cant hear you
oh man who brought up tickets
now im gonna get one

yes they always read mine and they are always faster
well nope they always match the speedo maybe im goin faster

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
"No, officer, I was riding the speed limit." Obi-Wan Kenobi