CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed that about 1 out every 10 or so times I put my feet down, the long knobby bar on the kickstand goes up my left pant leg, getting stuck between pant and boot. It doesn't keep me from putting my foot down as it just slides my pant leg up but it's pretty annoying. I guess I could cut that off but I have a problem cutting on a brand new bike. I just have to be sure not to put leg straight down but out a little. Very frustrating!

·
Registered
764 Posts
That's happened to me a few times this week. Maybe this wouldn't happen if I were more into fashion and wore tapered jeans.

I had an incident yesterday where I ran the center stand lever up on the back of my leg as I pulled out of an awkward intersection. That was a bit scary, but I did not drop the bike.

·
Super Moderator
5,721 Posts
Nope, never had that happen. I always reach my foot forward as I stop and when I put my foot down it doesn't move... my foot that is... because I am stopped at that point. Sometimes I am actually stopped for a second before my foot touches down and I am stuck with my leg extended a bit forward but it's not bad. It's rare that my leg is back far enough to be close to that lever when stopped and my foot is usually not that close to the bike anyway.

I would think cutting that knob off would make it really hard to put the side stand down.

·
Super Moderator
2,174 Posts
Not on the side stand, but I've felt my pant leg rub against the end of the footpeg, which causes me a lot more concern thinking about that possibility.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I would think that cutting the knob off the side stand would make it more difficult to get the stand down when you park the bike. A greater potential to drop the bike?

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
I don't have any problem with the kickstand. It seems more a pant problem ... maybe a pant clip / velcro band (bicycle style) may help or a different stye of pant with a narrower leg.

·
Registered
279 Posts
yup it happens and I was gonna get some of those bike straps
just haven't made it there yet

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
My wife has me stand next to her while she sits on the bike with both feet on the pegs. Then I balance her straight up and swing the kickstand up for her. Then.,I get to adjust her headlights before I go back to my bike. :)

Reactions: dwar812 and psullam

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yes, this is why I tuck my jeans into my boots to prevent any issues. I am very reluctant to cut off the rod knob due to the ease of putting down the kick stand with it on. Lord never ride without protection. Im in neurosciences here and I have seen some tragic stuff.

·
Registered
413 Posts
I've had variations of this happen on past bikes and it's just reason to not wear jeans or pants with any kind of flared leg. Leave the bell bottoms at home. ;-)

Jeff

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
See, this is why I don't wear pants when I ride. :D
Sure makes you easy to identify on the road.

But, like all creative solutions, it may have unintended consequences.

·
Super Moderator
2,174 Posts
Sure makes you easy to identify on the road.

But, like all creative solutions, it may have unintended consequences.
Perhaps when the 'Who spotted a CTX1300' thread activity gets too commonplace, we can qualify it with 'Who spotted a CTX1300 rider with no pants'.

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
My wife has me stand next to her while she sits on the bike with both feet on the pegs. Then I balance her straight up and swing the kickstand up for her. Then.,I get to adjust her headlights before I go back to my bike. :)
It's amazing how often they require adjustment. Requires dedication to quality control. I think you'll find here in the ISO9000 standards.

Not that you're complaining....

Reactions: menosabe

·
Registered
227 Posts
Then.,I get to adjust her headlights before I go back to my bike. :)
I was wondering if anyone caught that, but BruceB beat me to it.
Still funny.

Reactions: menosabe
1 - 16 of 16 Posts