CTX 1300 Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Wow, My Zumo 395 works great. It is a Zumo you have?
It's my buddy who has one and I believe it is. He did tell it wasn't cheap when he bought it, if that helps.

Shak

Reactions: Stlburd2

·
Registered
1 Posts
1st issue: The GPS is iffy about connecting to my laptop sometimes requiring 4 or 5attempts to connect, if it connects at all. I've tried it on 3 different computers with 2 different cables so it is definitely an issue with the GPS.
2nd issue: The touch screen on the GPS works when it wants which is usually less than 50% of the time. For example what should be "one touch" directions to a gas station usually requires multiple attempts, if it works at all. I won't tolerate distractions like that while riding. I've had other people try it with the same results, again definitely a GPS issue.
The PC software is ridiculous, there is no valid reason the GPS should have to be connected to the computer for the computer software to display an actual useable map and allow me to plan a trip. I damned sure shouldn't need to purchase the maps separately online for the computer software to be fully functional without the GPS connected.
Overall it's simply junk. As stated earlier health issues prevented me from using it until after the warranty had expired, so it's to late to do anything about it.
$400 down the tubes for the useless POS. I'm 100% done with Garmin. It found its way into the trash bin as soon as I got home yesterday.
Have a Nuvi 44 and it's basically the same. Touch screen poor response. Connection to the PC? Not anymore. I think it's Garmin's way of getting you to spend more $$$. I'll just use the phone.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts