CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought the Deluxe edition for the ABS and Audio. Have not got the audio to work with MP3. took to dealer, they told me they thought it was wire from player to the bikes connection. Any one else having similar problems?

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
No problem, but it is laggy when first turned on.
Are you trying to use it thru blue tooth headset or thru the speakers?
Does the display show the mp3 tune playing?
What are you using (ipod, mp3 player, usb stick...)?

·
Registered
446 Posts
It should be noted (as mentioned black-on-white in the manual) that the CTX1300 audio system, when operating from USB input, only supports a single mass storage device with a single partition formatted as VFAT. It does support MP3, AAC and WMA but not if the latter two have DRM.

If your MP3 player presents itself like so ^^^ when connected to a USB port without the need of any software intervention, it should work.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I just ripped every cd I own to a thumb drive and use that for music. And have occasionally played Pandora via my cell phone. When I first got the bike it took a little time for things to synch up but after it all shook hands no problems. Try the simple things first to see if you get sound and then move to your mp3. It might be a file extension problem.

·
Super Moderator
5,723 Posts
Oh, and welcome (belated) to the forum @agman!

I also have simply used a flash drive. Actually it's a micro SD card in a micro reader plugged into the USB with all my music on it. Works fine for me. All my music is in folders by album and then tracks. All files are xxxx.mp3 formatted files.
So far I only use the speakers since my old Scala Rider Q2 is not up to the BT standard for this bike. But that may change sometime next year with an upgrade to a Sena SMH5-FM-02 with current version of BT.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bought the Deluxe edition for the ABS and Audio. Have not got the audio to work with MP3. took to dealer, they told me they thought it was wire from player to the bikes connection. Any one else having similar problems?
Trying to get it to work through speakers. Dealer mech got BT to play through speakers, but not iPod Shuffle (which is about all that will fit in the small compartment). Sounds like I may have to put the music on a flash.

·
Registered
446 Posts
(...)but not iPod Shuffle(...)
Apple iPod Shuffle, like all other iPods, does not start up in mass storage mode when connected to an USB port by default -- iTunes has to tell it to do so. Also, like all iPods, it has more than one partition so it won't work with the CTX.

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
I went the Spotify (premium) route and stream on the CTX and my truck. Works great.

Eric

1 - 8 of 8 Posts