CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
2,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bob may have seen these as I did on the Burgman site, but I haven't seen anyone here say if they have tried them.

Automotive Safety Accessories Introducing the Auxiliary Mirror

Looks like they may be useful on the CTX. No, I haven't ordered them yet. I am posting to see if anyone else has tried them already. If no response, then I guess that'll make me the guinea pig.....oink oink

· Super Moderator
2022 Matte Deep Blue Kymco AK 550
6,118 Posts
Those are the very mirrors I was thinking of if I were to put on some aux mirrors. Seems they would go with flow of the bike so much better than anything I can think of to mount on the handlebars. I really don't care for handlebar mounted mirrors much.

· Registered
2,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought they would fit the style better than than the standard mirror too. I've seen them on the burgers and they look good. Look like they belong rather than added on.

· Registered
404 Posts
I will try these for that price you can not lose much. I have installed the mirrors into the lever mounts on the handlebars. Did it for my USA 4 corners tour. Still glad I did it,, took the worry out of riding thru the cities like MIAMI during construction, and OMG california ..

· Premium Member
111 Posts
Will,
Could you post pics of these on your CTX please?

· Registered
2,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Rav,
Don't have them yet. I had them on the Burgman scooter and while reading others complaints about the mirrors, I remembered them. I knew Bob had also had a Burgman, that's why I directed the 1st post at him. I was hoping someone had already tried them and just not posted. Looks like kniterider is volunteering to be the tester. If he doesn't post a pic in a couple weeks, I'll order them anyway and see what happens.

· Registered
55 Posts
While we're on this topic, my dealer - the sales guy - mentioned that there may have been a service bulletin on the handlebars adjustment to improve the view. I know I can just adjust it on my own, but curious if anyone can verify if indeed there was a bulletin issued by Honda? Just need to know the contents.

· Super Moderator
6,118 Posts
Haven't heard of a bulletin yet, but that doesn't mean there isn't one.
Wouldn't surprise me since we here all know (as it's been posted a number of times early on) to adjust the bars down. I have mine adjusted down so the cables hanging just below the bars are maybe a half inch or less above the storage pocket doors when they are open. I also rotated both reservoirs forward to drop them as well for improved view of the mirrors. I have been very satisfied with this adjustment and have no more problems seeing behind than I did with my ST1100. These aux mirrors posted about by @willajabir are the very mirrors I've been thinking about adding if I add any at all. Will likely add them since it is good to have more if they flow with the bike aesthetics IMO.

· Registered
2,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

· Registered
404 Posts
I installed them late last night when I got home,, actually real early this morning about 0230. Looked pretty good this afternoon when I walked out in daylight to go towork.. will try them in traffic hopefully Saturday before I go into work

· Premium Member
300 Posts
I rode off from the dealership 6 months ago and could not see a bloody thing. On about the third intersection I thought I had made a mistake so I rode straight back to the dealer. Handlebars adjusted in no time and no further problems. I realize now of course there was no mistake....we have great bikes!!! At least the dealer knows to check this for his customers before they head off. My dealership has only sold 2, mine was the second. Such a shame people are missing out on such a great machine.

· Registered
92 Posts
sub'd

· Super Moderator
6,118 Posts
@Opelmel, Yes, but in a separate thread. I did try the Aux mirrors but they didn't work out as I was hoping. I bought the large version that fit on top the OEM mirror covers. As observed by a few others who tried the same, these gave an even better view of your grips and knuckles than the OEM mirrors and a little bit of the view behind, so they did supplement the OEM mirror view. The bigger issue for me was that they vibrated too much to be useable IMHO, so I returned them. As I have posted elsewhere, I find the OEM mirrors to be sufficient for me and give me the same view as I had with my ST1100. The ONLY difference there is with narrower bars the ST1100 didn't have the reservoirs slightly blocking view to the mirrors, but still did show my fingers in the mirror view and did have my hands blocking the very bottom of the mirrors same as the CTX does for me. I see what I need to see with the stock mirrors.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.