CTX 1300 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have searched, followed manual and forum advice. When putting on new tires and replacing front brake pads my son in law squeezed lever! We reset the front pistons and bled front and feel good, back three bleeders don’t bleed through, even with hand pump.
what next???

·
Super Moderator
5,676 Posts
Does the foot brake feel locked and not press down? Do the installed pads get pressed against the disk at all? (your pads ARE installed when attempting to bleed, right?)

I've read this about getting air blocks to migrate to one end or the other in a brake system... If you can press the brake pedal as far as possible and fix it so it stays there overnight (add weight or tie it down, etc.) if there is an air lock or blockage that may possibly get the blockage to move from where it is.

Do you have the Deluxe model with ABS, blacked out wheel rims and ABS slotted ring on both wheels (question for those in the USA since all non-USA models have ABS)? There may be a blockage at the ABS pump. Fixing the brake pedal all the way down, or as far as possible, for a long time may work it through.

Be aware that there are 2 bleeder valves on the rear caliper but none are tied/linked to the front brakes.

Are you able to bleed the left front center caliper piston? This is the one that is tied/linked to the rear brakes so should bleed when the rear brake pedal is pressed. I think that one piston is to be bled first before attempting bleeding at the rear caliper. I think. Right now the order is a bit fuzzy to me but the service manual should make it clear.

Just some ideas to try. Need a bit more info.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts