CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to decide between getting the backrest or the trunk for my wifes comfort? The added storage capacity of the trunk is a plus but not needed. Any comments from passengers who have experience would be appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
My bride is 5'3" and says she prefers the box with back rest.
Reason is because it is higher, wider, and she 'feels' it is sturdier.
With the backrest only, she complained about how it hit her lower back when I hit bumps/rr tracks. She still doesn't like riding, but of these two choices vs no backrest, the box wins.
You can also get the wrap around back rest which are softer and some come with arm rests.

Reactions: bob

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My bride is 5'3" and says she prefers the box with back rest.
Reason is because it is higher, wider, and she 'feels' it is sturdier.
With the backrest only, she complained about how it hit her lower back when I hit bumps/rr tracks. She still doesn't like riding, but of these two choices vs no backrest, the box wins.
You can also get the wrap around back rest which are softer and some come with arm rests.

Thank you for your reply, I have ordered the trunk and the rear carrier.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I've got both. The wife prefers the trunk due to the higher support and it makes her feel safer. Myself, I prefer the back rest because I mostly ride solo and the trunk seems to catch (or make) more turbulence at highway speeds. Short jaunts with the wife or solo, it's the back rest. For longer rides with the missus, or if there's a possibility of a Costco stop or anything else the saddlebags can't handle, I'll put the trunk on. I've got two carriers, so it's an easy switch. I keep the back rest on one carrier, and the trunk base on the second.

·
Registered
147 Posts
The trunk. Much more function . :smiley-happy0034:

·
Registered
158 Posts
I think the trunk looks sharp on the bike.. It's on my winter shopping list.

·
Registered
833 Posts
My wife likes the Trunk as well. Twice the price of the Backrest but well worth it if you Travel much. Easier to find the small stuff in their rather than the saddlebags.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts