CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone,

I joined the forum back in 2015 when I bought my white CTX which I rode for a couple of years and nearly 25000 miles.
After some ups and downs in life, and some fooling around with other bikes, a couple of months ago I bought a beautiful black CTX in inmaculate condition which has win my heart once again...
So here I am back here, and now hopefully for a longer time.

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system

With this bike I feel right at home, it ticks all my motorcycling boxes, and is the most comfortable bike I've owned (and I've had over 30 bikes...)
I have fitted, as in my previous CTX, Hyperpro rear suspension and progressive kit for the front forks and now it's nearly perfect. Also, I had the seat reworked with gel and it's really comfy.
I have a couple of questions for you all that I hope you can help me with...
First, are there any comfortable pillion pegs or platforms that fit this bike?
Second, where can I get plastic covers for the holes of the rear carrier?

Automotive tire Fender Automotive exterior Bumper Automotive design

And third and last, has anyone fitted any reliable cruise control to this bike?

Thanks in advance and best regards from Barcelona, Spain. (y)

·
Super Moderator
2022 Matte Deep Blue Kymco AK 550
5,772 Posts
Welcome back.
There are Kuryakyn mini boards that will possibly work for you. Look for fitment for the ST1300 if they don't list the CTX1300.
There are a few members who have fitted CC on the bike. Some of them recently so maybe they will post in here about that.
Don't know what to tell you about plugging the holes in the rear carrier. Maybe some plastic plugs or bolt covers from a hardware store?

·
Registered
2014 Honda CTX1300 Basic Model
37 Posts
Hola @SpanishCTX ! - Bienvenido. Estas son algunas de las fotos que tengo para ti. Los pegs delanteros son Mini ISO Kuryakyn boards ( en mi caso los he comprado usados de una Goldwing, no recuerdo el año). Los peg traseros son genericos y con un poco de soldadura lo he podido usar.

Tambien quiero aprovechar la oportunidad para comentar que actualmente estoy fabricando los soportes, y la capucha para el boton anti-nieblas. Si te interesa saber mas contacta me en privado.
Saludos!

Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Car

Automotive tire Hood Bumper Automotive exhaust Motor vehicle

Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Motorcycle Hood

·
Registered
10 Posts
I recently installed an electronic cruise control that I purchased from D2D Accessories (mccruise.com). It was made in Australia. The company makes cruise controls for MANY different bikes and ATV’s. It took three days to install it. I did the job myself and I am not particularly mechanically inclined. But, the manufacturer provided great instructions, complete with photos, and all went well. My setup works like previous bikes I have owned (Gold Wings, i.e.), except it does not shutoff when I counter rotate the throttle. It is a little pricey ($967.00 delivered), but the CTX was purchased for touring (a replacement to my Gold Wings of my younger, and stronger) years. I added foot pegs and saddlebag guards (Mr. Charlie Rogina), along with a bike rest and a tour pack. It is now a great touring machine at 200 pounds less than my last (2008) model Gold Wing. Sorry for the length of this reply, but I hope this is helpful.

·
Premium Member
1,086 Posts
Welcome home.

Reactions: SpanishCTX

·
Registered
CTX 1300D
29 Posts
I recently installed an electronic cruise control that I purchased from D2D Accessories (mccruise.com). It was made in Australia. The company makes cruise controls for MANY different bikes and ATV’s. It took three days to install it. I did the job myself and I am not particularly mechanically inclined. But, the manufacturer provided great instructions, complete with photos, and all went well. My setup works like previous bikes I have owned (Gold Wings, i.e.), except it does not shutoff when I counter rotate the throttle. It is a little pricey ($967.00 delivered), but the CTX was purchased for touring (a replacement to my Gold Wings of my younger, and stronger) years. I added foot pegs and saddlebag guards (Mr. Charlie Rogina), along with a bike rest and a tour pack. It is now a great touring machine at 200 pounds less than my last (2008) model Gold Wing. Sorry for the length of this reply, but I hope this is helpful.
I have the same cruise control and I love it. Yes, it does not offer a feature to disengage with the throttle, you have to use the off button or hit the brake hard enough. This is similar to an auto cruise however, so I'm OK with that. My only complaint with it is that it really doesn't work well under 60 mph, so you really only use it on highways.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts