CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have noticed that the latches on my bags seem to rattle every time I go over some rougher bumps. To prove that it is the latches, I emptied the bags, and rode the bike. Rattle remains. Next, I closed a scott shop towel in each side latch and rode again, no more rattle. I was thinking of asking the dealer about it or just putting some sticky back foam underneath to hold some tension on the latches.

Anyone else notice this same thing? I can really hear it since installing the tall Cee Baileys windshield.

·
Registered
413 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,721 Posts
Yep, just the nature of these kinds of latches. Yet they do their job.. Sticky backed foam would help. So would looking closely at the actual latch lever and maybe bending it a little to hold tighter. I like the foam idea rather than messing with the latch. I don't actually hear the latches. If I did it's not anything worth worrying about to me since I know what it is, and it's not broken or defective.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I added some rubber strips under the latches (both sides). That completely stopped the rattling and actually made the latches close a little more tightly.

Reactions: bob

·
Registered
413 Posts
I added some rubber strips under the latches (both sides). That completely stopped the rattling and actually made the latches close a little more tightly.
Yep, in my case as well. I prefer the feel of the latches with the stripping underneath.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I did the same a little foam tape underneath has solved the rattle.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts