CTX 1300 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Honda CTX 1300 Deluxe
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got up and went for a nice morning ride. It was 62F when I left but the sun was coming up so it was warring fast and my jacket soon came off. I had picked Tortilla Flats as my destination. It is a well known local motorcycle run that takes you on some twisty roads past Canyon lake and some beautiful mountain roads. I had only been once before but it was long ago.

I was enjoying my ride until I started to get to the twisty part of the road, then I had 3 very slow moving cars in front of me and no passing areas. I find it not fun to be a nice twisty mountain road and having to go way too slow. The cars soon tuned off and I was free to go. The twists and turns was fun until I got to the 15 mph zig zagging curve part, I found these a bit more than I feel comfortable with so I was doing the speed limit. I really enjoyed the 25 mph curves, they felt really comfortable.

This is when things got interesting. Going the opposite direction comes 3 crotch rockets and they were going fast. I mean like scary fast. I know there bikes are made to corner better but it was fast. I went a bit further and was going around a 25 mph curve (I was doing a bit over 25) and I had a car coming the opposite direction and I was in the right part of my lane. Then all the sudden one of the riders who had passed me going to other direction was passing me, in my lane! He blew by me in my lane with a car in the opposite lane on a 25 mph curve. What kind of crazy is that. how stupid do you need to be to pull a stunt like that. I assume he came up on me too fat to slow down and it was pass or hit me or the car.

I went to a small overlook area and pulled off to take a little break. After I had stopped for a bit I saw the same riders, there were 4 in total that I saw and what they were doing was racing the sharp curvy area of the road. Now I am all for someone having fun on their bike but this is a recreation area with families all over going to the lake. They were on fast bikes wearing racing gear and they were not messing around. The one who passed me in my lane came back by and waved at me, I waved back with one finger.

So I had a nice ride with some not so great traffic. Tomorrow I may try another ride that's not as curvy.

I did get a nice pick of my bike up by the lake.

Thanks,
James

·
Registered
20 Posts
sit back enjoy the ride, be defensive and steer clear. I have the same problem with 89a to jerome az . I drive the posted speeds , avoid clusters if someone comes up and wants to haul ass i just pull over and let them pass. The most important thing is let it go and laugh. pete

·
Premium Member
959 Posts
Those type riders are all over and it’s a shame. You know if you another biker frowned on their actions imagine the bad taste left in the mouth of a cager with family aboard. Not all sport bike riders are that way thank God. Hope those four are organ donors.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts