CTX 1300 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally found a camera for my CTX. Easy to use. Records while charging, rather than using an action camera that only runs on batteries. Designed for motorcycles.

This one https://shop.pier28.com/index.php/dashcams/bullethd-biker-pro-wifi.html

Simple to install. Easy to operate - it turns on with the bike key, off the same way. Great image stabilization, wide view. Records well in sun and shade.

Best part - Jon, the sales guy, has been great helping me to install and figure out this thing. Even sent me a new improved mount.

See my install pics. I added a bar mount to put it behind the windshield.

Total price installed, with microsd card and mount - about $200.

I get nothing back from any sales. Just wanted you to know.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
Looks like you picked a very nice and easy to use camera. Looking forward to seeing your rides on youtube.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
I was thinking, ok, another action cam. Click to the website. First thing I notice is the cut off shorts on the video. Ok, I watch it.
Misleading advertising...no girl in the shorts in the video. Made me look anyhow. So many choices out there. I'm unfamiliar with this one. @bruceb, could you tell me your main reasons for choosing this over the Drift, Innov, or GoPro (or brand X)?
Yeah, I'm looking because my penny jar still has some left after I drained the bank account. I had decided that the Drift Stealth(with remote) was my best option then you post another option for my consideration.

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Main reason - no battery on the Bikercam. It comes with a 12v-5v converter. Connect the hot wire and the ground - you done.

Action cams only work on batteries. Drift Stealth for example - "3h Battery life." OTOH, dash cams are not weatherproof.

In the past month, I have seen two accidents right in front of me. Got my attention. So I use it mainly for evidence in the event of an accident. I go out for a day ride and I do nothing with my Bikercam. Turn on the motorcycle and it starts up.

32gig SD card holds a full day of video. Set it to overwrite the oldest files and you always have the latest six hours of so of video. Or pull out the card and copy the files to your PC/tablet.

Only negative - no girl in shorts. :( BYOG.

Other ?s ?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Bingo!

Thanks for finding this solution. Had been looking around for just such a setup and had been considering the Innov C3 (see review HERE).

I think your solution is worth the few bucks more since it has WiFi and uses the nice Ambarella chip that you find in more expensive stuff like the GoPro's.

Mahalo,
Huladog

·
Registered
189 Posts
So...how about an 8-month status report?

Still working? Any upgrades done?

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
After a lot of work on this camera with the salesman/tech support guy, replacing various [all] parts and fooling with firmware upgrades, I am returning it for refund. It's a cool system, but it doesn't work reliably.

Now looking for a replacement. Any suggestions? Did willajabir or Huladog get a cam?

Reactions: psullam

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
I've had this camera for 2 years and really like it. You can record and have it plugged into USB charger all day long. I replaced the original fish eye lens with this zoom lens. 7.2mm f/2.5 47d HFOV 10MP(No Distortion) ? Peau Productions
The Go Pros and Sony action cameras use the same lenses.
I use this camera every day on my bike or truck.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
Now looking for a replacement. Any suggestions? Did willajabir or Huladog get a cam?
I didn't. Had a life changing detour a while back. Slowly getting back on course. But, I'm still looking.
(My fav right now is the Innov)

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I didn't. Had a life changing detour a while back. Slowly getting back on course. But, I'm still looking.
(My fav right now is the Innov)
Oooo. Innov C3 got mostly poor reviews on Amazon.
I've had this camera for 2 years and really like it. You can record and have it plugged into USB charger all day long. I replaced the original fish eye lens with this zoom lens. 7.2mm f/2.5 47d HFOV 10MP(No Distortion) ? Peau Productions
The Go Pros and Sony action cameras use the same lenses.
I use this camera every day on my bike or truck.
Thanks. Which camera?

·
Registered
555 Posts
The camera I use on my bike and take in my truck as a dash cam is a mobius. I have used it for a few years with no real problems the memory card I use gets 4-6 hrs recording.
It plugs into my aux power on handle bars or the cig lighter in the truck uses a usb connection. It uses a 5 min. video with loop recording once the card is full oldest rewrote.
I do not have the weather cover for it but will buy a second one with cover to keep for just the bike.

Mobius ActionCam

This is video I recorded just had sound turned off so you can see the pic quality. Have this mounted on a bicycle handle bar camera mount. Does Pretty good as far as I am concerned and is well worth the money for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wyMnSqiLKU

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Has anyone used or thought about the: BULLETHD BIKER PRO
I started this thread about that very camera. See my posts 1 and 7.

Summary - not recommended.

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The camera I use on my bike and take in my truck as a dash cam is a mobius. I have used it for a few years with no real problems the memory card I use gets 4-6 hrs recording.
It plugs into my aux power on handle bars or the cig lighter in the truck uses a usb connection. It uses a 5 min. video with loop recording once the card is full oldest rewrote.
I do not have the weather cover for it but will buy a second one with cover to keep for just the bike.

Mobius ActionCam

This is video I recorded just had sound turned off so you can see the pic quality. Have this mounted on a bicycle handle bar camera mount. Does Pretty good as far as I am concerned and is well worth the money for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5wyMnSqiLKU
Great recommendation - thanks.

One question - can you connect to the external power with the weather cover?

·
Registered
555 Posts
bruceb since I do not have the weather cover I am unable to answer. Right now If it is raining I use my Sony action cam it is good for couple hrs need a new battery pack to last longer. It will not charge and record at same time darn it.

·
Premium Member
324 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
I started this thread about that very camera. See my posts 1 and 7.

Summary - not recommended.
Oh, ok I could not pull up the site that was in red, and did not see it listed nor did I view the photos. Sorry.

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
menosabe - I recall now buying the Sony you recommended. Then I found out it will not record while charging. Since I want a set it and forget it system, I sent it back.

I just talked with someone at Mobius. My notes below.

• Need a power supply 1000milliamps at 5volts, mini USB connector. They sell them
  • For continuous power, substitute or order their superconductor instead of the battery.
  • Get the wide angle lens on the camera.
  • When you order the weather cover, specify wide angle weather cover. With this option, you don't need the plastic lens, as the wide angle lens will seal it. They will also punch a hole in the cover for the power cord.
  • Must also supply a memory card, which they sell.

For my needs, he recommended one of their two packages, depending on which is cheaper.
-Mobius Stealth DashCam Driving Recorder Package + weather cover
or
-Basic camera + wide angle lens + capacitor + weather cover
With the basic camera and stuff, one must remove the battery and install the capacitor. Requires no soldering.

Will order shortly.
Out.

·
Registered
555 Posts
hope it works as well for you as it does for me I was really surprised at the quality of the video in such a small camera. and you need the download program mSetup to set up the camera to how you want it.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts