CTX 1300 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Premium Member
2014 Honda CTX1300 Deluxe
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I am reaching out to @Blue Baron, @ctxbryan, @Kurt621, @HefmoGB, and anyone else in Update SC and the Charlotte/Western NC region. Jörg (Blue Baron) mentioned to me last weekend that we should ride HWY9 because it (1) is awesome and (2) has been recently repaved. The last time I rode it was around 2011 and I was on my 2010 Fury... times have changed. This awesome route between Bat Cave NC and Black Mountain NC is a must ride for those who enjoy tight mountain switchbacks. Jörg (and a few others in our group) ride this road routinely as part of their weekend rides.

We gotta do this! For many of us locals this could be a day ride. For others, you could grab a hotel, camp, or stay at another CTX Forum Member's house for a night. We can meetup in Boiling Springs SC, and do Jörg's weekend route! I can't think of anything better! We have the best community!

So, whose in?

I know everyone is wondering when. Those details are not set in stone yet, but we know it will have to be either a Sunday or Monday in late May or in June. Sundays and Mondays are the days Jörg is off of work (correct me if I am wrong buddy). I am teaching summer school online and my wife is able to help with our family obligations on Mondays, so I am game for either day... OR BOTH!

Jörg, I say you and I just pick a day and let everyone know. Then, if anyone can make it they show up. Also, you and I can do this ride anytime you like!!! We can share on this thread the day(s) we plan to ride the route, and folks can join in!

Peace,
Chris

·
Registered
90 Posts
I was wondering if Jorg had ever ridden Bat Cave Rd/Old Fort Rd. It turns off of Hwy 9 and goes to Old Fort. It has some curves that are even tighter than Hwy 9. It is better to run it from Old Fort back to Hwy 9. A good loop would be to run Hwy 9 to Black Mountain, I40E to Old Fort, and Bat Cave Rd back to Hwy 9.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hansen, I'd love to join you. I could do next Monday, which is Memorial Day, but I'm out of town the first and second weekend in June. After that, I'm sure something would work, either day (Sunday/Monday). Keep me posted!

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hansen, I'd love to join you. I could do next Monday, which is Memorial Day, but I'm out of town the first and second weekend in June. After that, I'm sure something would work, either day (Sunday/Monday). Keep me posted!
A memorial day run could work for me. We are not going out of town or doing anything significant. Who else might be able to do a day ride on Monday, May 31st? @Blue Baron ??

·
Registered
90 Posts
I was wondering if Jorg had ever ridden Bat Cave Rd/Old Fort Rd. It turns off of Hwy 9 and goes to Old Fort. It has some curves that are even tighter than Hwy 9. It is better to run it from Old Fort back to Hwy 9. A good loop would be to run Hwy 9 to Black Mountain, I40E to Old Fort, and Bat Cave Rd back to Hwy 9.
Buddy, these roads are mine ! And from Old Fort not to forget Hwy 80 towards the BRP. Who needs the Dragons tail with roads like this in our backyard, lol.

·
Registered
652 Posts
... I have ... I will ... I do ... oh, crap - go on without me !!

Very hopeful to be RIDING (not trailering) up to Fancy Gap in a few months.

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
YES!! It is done! Thanks @HefmoGB for the suggestion. We will do this ride on Memorial Day, Monday May 31st. @Blue Baron , let's set some times. What is good for you? Meet at 8:30, kickstands up at 9am? What's a good meetup location? Address?

We can ride, grab lunch, and ride some more! A real day ride!

This will be awesome!

Thoughts?
Chris

·
Registered
90 Posts
YES!! It is done! Thanks @HefmoGB for the suggestion. We will do this ride on Memorial Day, Monday May 31st. @Blue Baron , let's set some times. What is good for you? Meet at 8:30, kickstands up at 9am? What's a good meetup location? Address?

We can ride, grab lunch, and ride some more! A real day ride!

This will be awesome!

Thoughts?
Chris
Chris, you want to meet at my house? or at the gas station at intersection Hwy 11/9 ? And whar direction is HefmoGB coming from?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Chris, you want to meet at my house? or at the gas station at intersection Hwy 11/9 ? And whar direction is HefmoGB coming from?
Gents, I live just north of Charlotte, and I mean just north. I could meet you at the intersection of HWY 9 and 74, at the Beulah Baptist church, or more north, at HWY 9 and ALT 74 in Lake Lure, at the Lake House Restaurant parking lot, if that helps. Are you both coming north on 9, from SC?

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
HWY11 and HWY9 intersection is about one hour from my house. I can meet you there if you like and we can roll up north from there together and pick up anyone else on the way. We can meet HefmoGM at intersection of HWY9 and HWY74 at Beulah Baptist Church.

·
Registered
16 Posts
HWY11 and HWY9 intersection is about one hour from my house. I can meet you there if you like and we can roll up north from there together and pick up anyone else on the way. We can meet HefmoGM at intersection of HWY9 and HWY74 at Beulah Baptist Church.

View attachment 46833
View attachment 46834
@HansenCTX It looks like your meeting spot with @Blue Baron is only about 20 minutes from where you'd meet me at the church. Shall we meet there at 9:15 or so, if you are meeting at 8:30/9:00? Let me know what you'd prefer, timewise.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts