CTX 1300 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 56 Posts

·
Premium Member
573 Posts
I’m afraid I don’t have the wife points for that. I’m heading home Saturday. Next time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
90 Posts
I'm in. Just got back from 3 days at BRMC. I can meet you in Lake Lure near the intersection of 8 and 64/74A. Came back 64 today from Brevard.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I'm in. Just got back from 3 days at BRMC. I can meet you in Lake Lure near the intersection of 8 and 64/74A. Came back 64 today from Brevard.
That should be intersection of 9 and 64/74A. It takes me about 90 mins to get there.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I just came up 80 to get on the parkway today and Jorge is right - that’s a pretty awesome road!

Barry have you tried 226A from Marion to Little Switzerland? Some of the curves on it have rock cliffs so close to the road that you have to stay near the center line to lean.

·
Premium Member
2014 Honda CTX1300 Deluxe
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Barry have you tried 226A from Marion to Little Switzerland? Some of the curves on it have rock cliffs so close to the road that you have to stay near the center line to lean.
The Diamondback! I have done it many times, on three different bikes!

·
Premium Member
573 Posts
Oh yeah, on my CTX and Goldwing. Most recently my son and I rented a vette and a Supra and ran that road. Absolutely awesome. And by the way the Supra outran the 500HP vette every time. Supra has a BMW 6 cylinder w over 300HP.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Oh yeah, on my CTX and Goldwing. Most recently my son and I rented a vette and a Supra and ran that road. Absolutely awesome. And by the way the Supra outran the 500HP vette every time. Supra has a BMW 6 cylinder w over 300HP.

That looks like a fun ride. Did you do it with the top down? The sound of the exhaust bouncing off the rock cliffs would be great.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Will your ETA to Lake Lure be around 9:30? Just trying to determine a departure time.

·
Premium Member
2014 Honda CTX1300 Deluxe
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Hey all!

I am looking forward to tomorrow! I will leave Anderson SC around 7:30am so I can meetup with Jorg (@Blue Baron) by 8:30 at the intersection of HWY 11 and HWY 9 (Wilson's Corner Store, 9390 SC-9, Inman, SC 29349). Then, we will head north to meetup with Hefmo (@HefmoGB) around 9am at Beulah Baptist church (140 Beulah Church Ln, Tryon, NC 28782). Then, we can meet Charles (@ctxbryan) at the intersection of HWY 9 and 64/74A (Lake House Restaurant Parking lot) in Lake Lure around 9:30am. If these times/locations need to change please let me know. They are based on how I interpreted our comments/responses on the thread.

Special Note: The arrival/departure times mentioned above are approximate, it is Memorial Day and I expect traffic on some roads. Once we get to Lake Lure, we should have picked up everyone who has expressed commitment in riding for the day.

If anyone else plans to join us, please comment on this thread and tell us which location mentioned above you can meetup. Please meetup at the times mentioned too, as we do not want to delay our ride. After we meetup with Charles in Lake Lure, we plan to follow Jorg as he takes us on one of his regular day-ride routes. I suspect lunch will be part of this trip too.

My cell phone: (910)-280-4865

Looking forward to it!!!

Chris

P.S.
Here are two photos of me, Kurt, and Jorg two weeks ago at the Pumpkin Town General Store where we had lunch! We have the best moto community!

·
Premium Member
573 Posts
That looks like a fun ride. Did you do it with the top down? The sound of the exhaust bouncing off the rock cliffs would be great.
Almost the whole trip was with top down except around little Switzerland area as we had light rain. The vette sounded incredible!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hey all!

I am looking forward to tomorrow! I will leave Anderson SC around 7:30am so I can meetup with Jorg (@Blue Baron) by 8:30 at the intersection of HWY 11 and HWY 9 (Wilson's Corner Store, 9390 SC-9, Inman, SC 29349). Then, we will head north to meetup with Hefmo (@HefmoGB) around 9am at Beulah Baptist church (140 Beulah Church Ln, Tryon, NC 28782). Then, we can meet Charles (@ctxbryan) at the intersection of HWY 9 and 64/74A (Lake House Restaurant Parking lot) in Lake Lure around 9:30am. If these times/locations need to change please let me know. They are based on how I interpreted our comments/responses on the thread.

Special Note: The arrival/departure times mentioned above are approximate, it is Memorial Day and I expect traffic on some roads. Once we get to Lake Lure, we should have picked up everyone who has expressed commitment in riding for the day.

If anyone else plans to join us, please comment on this thread and tell us which location mentioned above you can meetup. Please meetup at the times mentioned too, as we do not want to delay our ride. After we meetup with Charles in Lake Lure, we plan to follow Jorg as he takes us on one of his regular day-ride routes. I suspect lunch will be part of this trip too.

My cell phone: (910)-280-4865

Looking forward to it!!!

Chris

P.S.
Here are two photos of me, Kurt, and Jorg two weeks ago at the Pumpkin Town General Store where we had lunch! We have the best moto community!
View attachment 46862
View attachment 46863
@HansenCTX , all sounds good to me. I'll do my part and see you at the church around 9 AM! I have your cell plugged in to my phone, should I need to reach you. Thanks, Jeff

·
Registered
90 Posts
Sounds good to me Chris. Hope to see everyone at 9:30 in the morning.

21 - 40 of 56 Posts