CTX 1300 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a black top case, mounting plate and hardware that I removed from my bike. I replaced it because I can't find the dohicky that latches & locks the darn thing. I you have the lock components and want to swap in a nice trunk, I have one for you. I am "asking" $300 OBO + S&H. -Merford

Attachments

·
Registered
615 Posts
I have a black top case, mounting plate and hardware that I removed from my bike. I replaced it because I can't find the dohicky that latches & locks the darn thing. I you have the lock components and want to swap in a nice trunk, I have one for you. I am asking $300 + S&H. -Merford
Oh I feel your pain! Oh do I feel your pain! Read this fun thread:

That stupid piece is crux of SO much hassle. Honda does NOT -- does NOT sell it (it comes with the top trunk - not the lock). I have been using mine without a lock since I installed it.. I have thought about adding a hasp but haven't done so. A larger GIVI might be in my future anyways.. so I am unsure what I'll do.

https://smile. amazon.com/Alise-MS99-B-Padlock-Clasp-Stainless/dp/B075TV4H98/

Oh good luck with the sale.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh I feel your pain! Oh do I feel your pain! Read this fun thread:

That stupid piece is crux of SO much hassle. Honda does NOT -- does NOT sell it (it comes with the top trunk - not the lock). I have been using mine without a lock since I installed it.. I have thought about adding a hasp but haven't done so. A larger GIVI might be in my future anyways.. so I am unsure what I'll do.

https://smile. amazon.com/Alise-MS99-B-Padlock-Clasp-Stainless/dp/B075TV4H98/

Oh good luck with the sale.
Well, I am willing to make a deal to anyone with interest. I though someone that had a cracked or severely scratched top case, but kept the lock mechanism might be interested.

·
Super Moderator
5,551 Posts
There is another member here who made that latch plate himself after noticing it was missing or lost. So this is a good deal.

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
I might be interested. I actually have a beat up trunk I was given. I’m pretty sure the locking mechanism is just loose sitting inside the trunk. I am traveling fir another week, so if someone jumps on this, my loss. I’ll take a look at the trunk when I get back and let you know.
Hopefully the lock will transfer over and work. Obviously not keyed to my bike, but I can live with that.
You have the mounting plate also, correct?
Thanks
Jeff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I might be interested. I actually have a beat up trunk I was given. I’m pretty sure the locking mechanism is just loose sitting inside the trunk. I am traveling fir another week, so if someone jumps on this, my loss. I’ll take a look at the trunk when I get back and let you know.
Hopefully the lock will transfer over and work. Obviously not keyed to my bike, but I can live with that.
You have the mounting plate also, correct?
Thanks
Jeff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just let me know Jeff.

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
Well, I looked yesterday at the old Honda trunk I was given. There’s a key assembly loose inside it. No key..
Is it the piece you were needing. I’m not sure I want the trunk. But thought you might want the lock. Maybe a locksmith could make a key for you. Just let me know if you want or need it, plus any other parts off this old trunk.
Thx
Jeff

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, I looked yesterday at the old Honda trunk I was given. There’s a key assembly loose inside it. No key..
Is it the piece you were needing. I’m not sure I want the trunk. But thought you might want the lock. Maybe a locksmith could make a key for you. Just let me know if you want or need it, plus any other parts off this old trunk.
Thx
Jeff

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thanks for the offer Jeff. I put an aftermarket top case on it a while ago that works fine for me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts