CTX 1300 Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

Registered
I wish I saw this thread earlier... already booked another ride 馃様

Reactions: Shrek

Registered
Sorry to hear about your family loss Chris. I can change my trip to Monday too if that will work for you.

Registered
Had to change back to my original dates. Wife reminded me that we have family coming on Sunday for the week from Arkansas. Going to BRMC on Wed. Riding BRP south and Foothills Parkway on Thursday. BRP north on Friday to Blowing Rock and home on 321S. I'll have to catch you on another ride.

Registered
I had a great trip down the BRP last week. Fresh asphalt on BRP from Asheville to Craggy Garden tunnel and on 441 at Cherokee if you want to take a little detour. Section north from Craggy Gardens hasn't been worked on. The Rough Road next 18 miles sign is still up. There was a lot of pothole maneuvers on that section. Rest of BRP that I rode was in decent shape. Traffic wasn't too bad. Wouldn't want to be there on the weekend. Traffic was bad on the TN side of 441 near Gatlinburg even last Thursday. Hope your ride goes good next week.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #25
I had a great trip down the BRP last week. Fresh asphalt on BRP from Asheville to Craggy Garden tunnel and on 441 at Cherokee if you want to take a little detour. Section north from Craggy Gardens hasn't been worked on. The Rough Road next 18 miles sign is still up. There was a lot of pothole maneuvers on that section. Rest of BRP that I rode was in decent shape. Traffic wasn't too bad. Wouldn't want to be there on the weekend. Traffic was bad on the TN side of 441 near Gatlinburg even last Thursday. Hope your ride goes good next week.
Hey man! Thanks for the updates on the roads. I agree, the crowd on the BRP on weekends is something to consider. I am used to driving the stretch between 251 (Rosman NC) and 191 (Asheville NC) on Saturdays.

We are home now and I am hopeful all is set for me to due the extended ride I had planned. If all goes well, kickstand up tomorrow at 9am!

Hope to see ya on the road sometime soon.

Peace,
Chris

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #26
Okay!

Wife has to work all week. My son is staying with the grandparents for the week. I have the week off! I packed the bike and I am ready to do the ride. I will leave Anderson SC tomorrow morning. I plan to follow the route I posted.

Time to live on the road for the next week!

Peace,
Chris

Registered
Great seeing you Chris at High Country Motorcycle Campground Tuesday evening. I had a nice 3 hour ride with a few turkeys and a deer along the road on the way home.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #28
Update:

I did the ride! I had a good time. I moto-vloged most of the trip on my motorcycle's Facebook page using Facebook Live (https://www.facebook.com/HappyMotoCamping). I took many more pictures and videos on my phone that did not make it to the motorcycle's Facebook page. I just uploaded all of those to my Dropbox and hope to make a video. For now if you would like to see what I posted via Facebook live, you are more than welcome to visit the page and see all the fun that was had!

Peace,
Chris

21 - 28 of 28 Posts